Clinical Harpenden record fourth successive win
- Credit: Archant
Clinical finishing saw Harpenden Hockey Club’s men’s 1sts extend their winning streak to four games.
Saturday’s 4-1 win over Potters Bar takes Harpenden’s points tally to 13 from their first six games, just two off East League Division 2S leaders Blueharts 2nds.
Both teams came into the game having recorded big wins the week before but it was Bar who took the initiative. They could have been one up inside the opening minute but Guy Holden made a last gasp tackle to avert what would have been a goal.
Despite showcasing their defensive ability for most of the half, Harpenden went into the break a goal ahead after Olly Edmond deflected a Danny Burgess through ball between the goalkeeper’s legs.
Bar levelled 10 minutes into the second half from a short corner but Harpenden responded strongly with three goals to seal a comfortable victory.
You may also want to watch:
Reece Baker-Kiff netted the first, diverting in a short corner, before turning provider to set up Nick McLean. Lance Boyd-Clark added gloss to the scoreline by capping off a team move with a close-range goal.
Harpenden’s next game is at Woollams on Saturday against Hertford.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 Harpenden great-grandad celebrates 100th birthday