Clements keeps Harpenden ahead in Premier Division play-off race
- Credit: Archant
Ben Clements demonstrated his class as he hit 133 off 134 balls to lead Harpenden to victory over Bishop’s Stortford at Cricketfield Lane.
It helped them to 278-7, before bowling the hosts out for 188.
Clements’ knock dug Harpenden out of a hole at 36-4, knocking 19 fours and two sixes.
He was ably assisted by Alex Axon (31) and Scott Galloway (43) as they raced to a confident total.
And the bowlers duly delivered a similarly excellent performance to defend the total.
Regular wickets halted any form of attack with Ben Frazer leading the way with 4-37.
Nick Lamb with two and George Garrett, Joe Regan, Richard Darwin and Clements took the other wickets.
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's West Common
- 5 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 8 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 9 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
The victory keeps Harpenden in the fourth and final play-off place, one point ahead of North Mymms who visit the Common on Saturday.