Clements keeps Harpenden ahead in Premier Division play-off race
- Credit: Archant
Ben Clements demonstrated his class as he hit 133 off 134 balls to lead Harpenden to victory over Bishop’s Stortford at Cricketfield Lane.
It helped them to 278-7, before bowling the hosts out for 188.
Clements’ knock dug Harpenden out of a hole at 36-4, knocking 19 fours and two sixes.
He was ably assisted by Alex Axon (31) and Scott Galloway (43) as they raced to a confident total.
And the bowlers duly delivered a similarly excellent performance to defend the total.
You may also want to watch:
Regular wickets halted any form of attack with Ben Frazer leading the way with 4-37.
Nick Lamb with two and George Garrett, Joe Regan, Richard Darwin and Clements took the other wickets.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 4 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
The victory keeps Harpenden in the fourth and final play-off place, one point ahead of North Mymms who visit the Common on Saturday.