Clements keeps Harpenden ahead in Premier Division play-off race
- Credit: Archant
Ben Clements demonstrated his class as he hit 133 off 134 balls to lead Harpenden to victory over Bishop’s Stortford at Cricketfield Lane.
It helped them to 278-7, before bowling the hosts out for 188.
Clements’ knock dug Harpenden out of a hole at 36-4, knocking 19 fours and two sixes.
He was ably assisted by Alex Axon (31) and Scott Galloway (43) as they raced to a confident total.
And the bowlers duly delivered a similarly excellent performance to defend the total.
You may also want to watch:
Regular wickets halted any form of attack with Ben Frazer leading the way with 4-37.
Nick Lamb with two and George Garrett, Joe Regan, Richard Darwin and Clements took the other wickets.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
The victory keeps Harpenden in the fourth and final play-off place, one point ahead of North Mymms who visit the Common on Saturday.