Clean sweep for OAs at county tag festival
OAs youngsters snap up all the silverware
YOUTH RUGBY: On Sunday, Old Albanians took five U7s teams, comprising of 50 children, to Bishop’s Stortford for the Herts County Mini Tag Festival.
With a team entered in each competition and two in the Plate competition, they were prepared for a full day of rugby against neighbouring clubs from around the county.
In the Cup competition, OAs qualified for the pool stages based on points difference and played Tring in the semi-finals. They then met Hemel Hempstead in the finals and after a close match, won the final.
In the plate competition, OAs had two teams entered and after semi finals against Hemel and Barnet, the competition ended up with the two OAs’ sides playing each other in the final. With only one team being able to win this was the only loss encountered on the day by the club.
You may also want to watch:
In the shield and vase competitions, both were run on a league basis and again OAs were successful in winning both leagues.
With fantastic weather and great organisation from Bishops Stortford, a great day was had by all the children. U7s head coach and chairman of the Mini Section Richard Walker said: “I am incredibly proud of how the children played rugby today and also how much enjoyment they got out of the day. It is a pleasure to encourage and coach the future of the sport at OAs.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre