Clean sweep for OAs at county tag festival
OAs youngsters snap up all the silverware
YOUTH RUGBY: On Sunday, Old Albanians took five U7s teams, comprising of 50 children, to Bishop’s Stortford for the Herts County Mini Tag Festival.
With a team entered in each competition and two in the Plate competition, they were prepared for a full day of rugby against neighbouring clubs from around the county.
In the Cup competition, OAs qualified for the pool stages based on points difference and played Tring in the semi-finals. They then met Hemel Hempstead in the finals and after a close match, won the final.
In the plate competition, OAs had two teams entered and after semi finals against Hemel and Barnet, the competition ended up with the two OAs’ sides playing each other in the final. With only one team being able to win this was the only loss encountered on the day by the club.
You may also want to watch:
In the shield and vase competitions, both were run on a league basis and again OAs were successful in winning both leagues.
With fantastic weather and great organisation from Bishops Stortford, a great day was had by all the children. U7s head coach and chairman of the Mini Section Richard Walker said: “I am incredibly proud of how the children played rugby today and also how much enjoyment they got out of the day. It is a pleasure to encourage and coach the future of the sport at OAs.”
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire