Clean sheets important but I do need to score more goals says St Albans City’s Solomon Sambou
- Credit: Archant
Solomon Sambou played down his two goals against Weston-super-Mare and said the clean sheet was the most pleasing aspect from St Albans City’s 2-0 win.
The midfielder believes it is the defensive side of the game rather than the goals for that will be crucial in getting a positive outcome to their National League South play-off chase.
He said: “The first and most important thing for us is the clean sheet.
“Everybody is looking for it and that’s two now and two wins in a row. We’ll take that.
“Right now we’re just grafting and trying to get as many wins as we can and see where that takes us.”
You may also want to watch:
Sambou’s second-half brace took his tally for the season up to five and he admitted he could do with scoring more.
He said: “I need to try and shoot form outside the area more often.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
“I don’t get the chance to get forward that often. I’m there to protect the back four but every now and then when I do get the chance to get forward I can hopefully get some goals.”