Clay Davies continues good form at Team OnForm Road Race as Verulam Reallymoving youngsters shine
- Credit: Archant
Clay Davies kept his good form going as he took the win in the Team OnForm Road Race at Writtle College – surviving the misfortune of having his chain come off in the closing metres.
Fortunately the Verulam Reallymoving man had launched his sprint to perfection and had enough of a gap to cross the line in front in spite of the mishap 30 metres from the finish.
The race, which also contained Paul McGrath and James Hedley-Smith, saw Davies jump away in a strong group very early on.
McGrath eventually joined him but with the bunch bearing down on them, the decision was made to go all in on Davies.
Verulam Reallymoving’s youth squad were also on form as Harry Nugent, Tyler Six, Jamie Maxen and Will Smith raced in the Preston Park CC Autumn Classic at Gravesend on Saturday and delivered two podiums for the team.
You may also want to watch:
Tyler Six was third in the U10 race and Will Smith was on the bottom step in the U14s.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school