Clark bags double for Sandridge Rovers
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Bovingdon 0 Sandridge Rovers 3 SUBSTITUTE Tom Clark scored twice late on to crown a fine display from Sandridge Rovers at Bovingdon in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division. The match was soured by
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Bovingdon 0 Sandridge Rovers 3
SUBSTITUTE Tom Clark scored twice late on to crown a fine display from Sandridge Rovers at Bovingdon in the Herts Senior County League Premier Division.
The match was soured by a nasty injury to impressive performer Danny Green who, having recently returned to action from a broken leg, suffered a broken jaw. Manager Kevin Barton said: "Danny has had three metal plates inserted in his jaw. I think he will be out until Christmas. He will be a big loss to us."
You may also want to watch:
Striker Chris Wickens got the first goal for slick Sandridge before Clark stole the show with two excellent goals to seal the 3-0 win. Barton said: "I put on Tom with about 15 minutes to go and he scored two great goals. One was a fantastic chip over the goalkeeper. The scoreline could have been a bit better. I think we are about 85 per cent where we want to be."
Sandridge face a tough test on Saturday when they take on Premier Division leaders Codicote away from home.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 5 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 6 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
In Reserve Division One, Charlie Merson struck twice as Sandridge won 3-1 at Knebworth Park.
Barton is considering giving the Merson, son of Arsenal legend Paul, a call up to the first team squad this weekend. He said: "Charlie is a good player. He came to me late last year and scored quite a few goals for me. He is mainly a forward and can play on the right.