Clair Drage completes 12 marathons at Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Clair Drage has every right to put her feet up over Christmas after successfully completing her personal challenge of 12 marathons in 12 months.
The St Albans Strider reached her target at The Usual Suspects Marathon at Samphire Hoe Country Park near Dover.
Elsewhere the main focus for the club was the latest round of the Sunday Cross Country League at Willian.
Almost 30 took part in wintry conditions along the 4.9 mile course.
Wendy Walsh was the club’s first female finisher ahead of Helen Cartlidge.
You may also want to watch:
For the men, Jonathan Scott was in the leading pack, emerging across the finish line in seventh overall.
Other Striders who took part included Isla and Jim Hopkins who both made their senior cross country debuts.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
Binh Tang Bartholomew and Claire Kremer both ran their 50th parkruns at St Albans while Mark Taplin brought up his half century at Aldenham.