Clair Drage completes 12 marathons at Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Clair Drage has every right to put her feet up over Christmas after successfully completing her personal challenge of 12 marathons in 12 months.
The St Albans Strider reached her target at The Usual Suspects Marathon at Samphire Hoe Country Park near Dover.
Elsewhere the main focus for the club was the latest round of the Sunday Cross Country League at Willian.
Almost 30 took part in wintry conditions along the 4.9 mile course.
Wendy Walsh was the club’s first female finisher ahead of Helen Cartlidge.
For the men, Jonathan Scott was in the leading pack, emerging across the finish line in seventh overall.
Other Striders who took part included Isla and Jim Hopkins who both made their senior cross country debuts.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
Binh Tang Bartholomew and Claire Kremer both ran their 50th parkruns at St Albans while Mark Taplin brought up his half century at Aldenham.