Clair Drage completes 12 marathons at Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Clair Drage has every right to put her feet up over Christmas after successfully completing her personal challenge of 12 marathons in 12 months.
The St Albans Strider reached her target at The Usual Suspects Marathon at Samphire Hoe Country Park near Dover.
Elsewhere the main focus for the club was the latest round of the Sunday Cross Country League at Willian.
Almost 30 took part in wintry conditions along the 4.9 mile course.
Wendy Walsh was the club’s first female finisher ahead of Helen Cartlidge.
For the men, Jonathan Scott was in the leading pack, emerging across the finish line in seventh overall.
Other Striders who took part included Isla and Jim Hopkins who both made their senior cross country debuts.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 6 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 7 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 8 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 9 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
Binh Tang Bartholomew and Claire Kremer both ran their 50th parkruns at St Albans while Mark Taplin brought up his half century at Aldenham.