Clair Drage completes 12 marathons at Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Clair Drage has every right to put her feet up over Christmas after successfully completing her personal challenge of 12 marathons in 12 months.
The St Albans Strider reached her target at The Usual Suspects Marathon at Samphire Hoe Country Park near Dover.
Elsewhere the main focus for the club was the latest round of the Sunday Cross Country League at Willian.
Almost 30 took part in wintry conditions along the 4.9 mile course.
Wendy Walsh was the club’s first female finisher ahead of Helen Cartlidge.
You may also want to watch:
For the men, Jonathan Scott was in the leading pack, emerging across the finish line in seventh overall.
Other Striders who took part included Isla and Jim Hopkins who both made their senior cross country debuts.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 9 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 10 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
Binh Tang Bartholomew and Claire Kremer both ran their 50th parkruns at St Albans while Mark Taplin brought up his half century at Aldenham.