CITYLIVE: Thurrock up next for Saints
St Albans City v Thurrock Saturday, March 13 – 3pm KO Season so far: Thurrock s visit to Clarence Park is the first in a series of important home games for the Saints. Thurrock have struggled over recent seasons but have completely turned it around this
St Albans City v Thurrock
Saturday, March 13 - 3pm KO
Season so far: Thurrock's visit to Clarence Park is the first in a series of important home games for the Saints. Thurrock have struggled over recent seasons but have completely turned it around this season and the Essex side are well placed to get into the play-offs.
Hakan Hayrettin's side are currently seventh just two points ahead of St Albans. Their standout result this season was an 8-2 win at Eastleigh at the end of last month. However since then Fleet have lost both their games going down 1-0 at Bath City and 2-1 at home to Braintree Town.
You may also want to watch:
Last meeting: The two sides met a month ago, when the defences were well and truly on top in a 0-0 draw at Ship Lane. Drew Roberts came the closest to a goal with a shot that came back off the bar but City were content with a point against a good side.
Players: Budget cuts have left manager Steve Castle with a real selection headache and resulted in him only naming three subs at Eastleigh last weekend.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Gary Cohen is set to miss the game as he continues to train as a paramedic and Sol Shields is out for the season. James Quilter will battle through the pain barrier to continue at right back and City will be hoping Adam Everitt's hernia doesn't rule him out.
Since the two sides last met, Thurrock have added Lewis Smith to their ranks. The former Bishop's Stortford man has a good record against City scoring in his last two outings against the Saints. Smith could be in line from a promotion from the Fleet bench as they look to put an end to a two game losing streak.
Referee (subject to change): Simon Knapp (Gloucestershire) assisted by A W Ricketts and S Hudson.
CITYLIVE coverage of Saturday's game will commence around 30 minutes prior to kick-off.