City Youth enjoy successful Blackpool trip
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Youth U9 North had a successful trip to the seaside over the weekend.
The young Saints won all five games in the Blackpool Cup, an international tournament.
They racked up 31 goals along the way with just two conceded.
The squad was made up of Liam Reed, Jake Cottingham, Antonio Desiderio, Noah Butler, Louis Daly, Finn Scully, Sean Gallagher, Adam Gardner, Sam Johnston and Milic Pavic.
The City Youth U8 West played Norseman FC in a friendly. Toby Short scored and the man of the match went to Daniel Berman following a great display in defence and in goal.
You may also want to watch:
Each year a number of teams get the opportunity to play at Clarence Park in the George Walker Memorial Trophy programme.
This year six games will take place over the weekend of May 7 and 8.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
The full schedule of games, which also help to raise money for a chosen charity, this year’s being Crohns & Colitis, is available at www.cityyouthfc.co.uk.