City Youth enjoy successful Blackpool trip
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Youth U9 North had a successful trip to the seaside over the weekend.
The young Saints won all five games in the Blackpool Cup, an international tournament.
They racked up 31 goals along the way with just two conceded.
The squad was made up of Liam Reed, Jake Cottingham, Antonio Desiderio, Noah Butler, Louis Daly, Finn Scully, Sean Gallagher, Adam Gardner, Sam Johnston and Milic Pavic.
The City Youth U8 West played Norseman FC in a friendly. Toby Short scored and the man of the match went to Daniel Berman following a great display in defence and in goal.
You may also want to watch:
Each year a number of teams get the opportunity to play at Clarence Park in the George Walker Memorial Trophy programme.
This year six games will take place over the weekend of May 7 and 8.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 10 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
The full schedule of games, which also help to raise money for a chosen charity, this year’s being Crohns & Colitis, is available at www.cityyouthfc.co.uk.