City test their mettle against Iron
St Albans City v Braintree Town Saturday, November 14 – 3pm KO Who: Braintree Town have undergone a major revamp of their squad over the summer following the appointment of Robbie Garvey as manager at the end of last season. A host of new faces have arr
St Albans City v Braintree Town
Saturday, November 14 - 3pm KO
Who: Braintree Town have undergone a major revamp of their squad over the summer following the appointment of Robbie Garvey as manager at the end of last season.
A host of new faces have arrived at Cressing Road and that has continued during the season with Paul Goodacre switching from arch rivals Bishop's Stortford last month.
You may also want to watch:
George Purcell has also joined the Iron and has made a major impact leading the club's goal scoring charts.
Season so far: Braintree have made a decent start to the season and are nicely positioned to make an assault on the play-offs.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
The Iron have only won twice away from Cressing Road this season drawing four and losing once from their seven away games.
Garvey's side suffered their biggest defeat of the season on the road when they crashed to a surprising 5-0 defeat at Dorchester Town.
Braintree are undefeated in their last three outings, beating Staines (2-0), Thurrock (3-1) and Woking (0-0).
Last season: The Iron recorded a double over City last season winning 1-0 at Cressing Road and running out comfortable 3-0 winners at Clarence Park thanks to goals from James Hawes, Danny Hockton and Gareth Williams.
Players: As previously mentioned, Purcell is leading the way on the goal scoring front for the Iron netting six goals since switching to the Essex club from Ebbsfleet in the off season.
Sean Marks, who scored the only goal of the game at Cressing Road last season, has five goals to his name and is the other piece in what looks like a very potent strike force.
Referee: Wes Linden (Middlesex) assisted by D Sotimirin and L Pinto Nunes.