City test their mettle against Iron
St Albans City v Braintree Town Saturday, November 14 – 3pm KO Who: Braintree Town have undergone a major revamp of their squad over the summer following the appointment of Robbie Garvey as manager at the end of last season. A host of new faces have arr
St Albans City v Braintree Town
Saturday, November 14 - 3pm KO
Who: Braintree Town have undergone a major revamp of their squad over the summer following the appointment of Robbie Garvey as manager at the end of last season.
A host of new faces have arrived at Cressing Road and that has continued during the season with Paul Goodacre switching from arch rivals Bishop's Stortford last month.
George Purcell has also joined the Iron and has made a major impact leading the club's goal scoring charts.
Season so far: Braintree have made a decent start to the season and are nicely positioned to make an assault on the play-offs.
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 4 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 7 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
- 10 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
The Iron have only won twice away from Cressing Road this season drawing four and losing once from their seven away games.
Garvey's side suffered their biggest defeat of the season on the road when they crashed to a surprising 5-0 defeat at Dorchester Town.
Braintree are undefeated in their last three outings, beating Staines (2-0), Thurrock (3-1) and Woking (0-0).
Last season: The Iron recorded a double over City last season winning 1-0 at Cressing Road and running out comfortable 3-0 winners at Clarence Park thanks to goals from James Hawes, Danny Hockton and Gareth Williams.
Players: As previously mentioned, Purcell is leading the way on the goal scoring front for the Iron netting six goals since switching to the Essex club from Ebbsfleet in the off season.
Sean Marks, who scored the only goal of the game at Cressing Road last season, has five goals to his name and is the other piece in what looks like a very potent strike force.
Referee: Wes Linden (Middlesex) assisted by D Sotimirin and L Pinto Nunes.