City sign Conference defender on one-month loan
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have signed Tom Ward on a one-month loan from Conference North side Gainsborough Trinity.
City keeper Paul Bastock and Ward are former team-mates at Boston United and Saints’ shot-stopper was integral in bringing the 23-year-old to Clarence Park.
Ward partnered James Kaloczi at the heart of City’s defence in a 3-0 win on Wednesday night against Cambridge City and he drew rave reviews from joint manager James Gray following his first action in the City shirt.
“He did a great job and kept a clean sheet,” he said.
“I though he was superb tonight; hopefully he can continue his form.”
You may also want to watch:
Ward could see plenty of playing time early on as Saints are thin at centre back with Ryan Wharton and Ben Martin still recovering injuries, although both are expected back within the next two weeks.
Ward’s next chance to impress will be this Saturday, away at St Neots, kick-off 3pm.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans