City set for Woking trip
Woking v St Albans City Saturday, November 10 – 7.45pm KO Where: Kingfield Stadium, Kingfield, Woking, Surrey. GU22 9AA (Tel: 01483 772470) Who: Woking find themselves at this level having been relegated from the Blue Square Premier last season. The Kin
Woking v St Albans City
Saturday, November 10 - 7.45pm KO
Where: Kingfield Stadium, Kingfield, Woking, Surrey. GU22 9AA (Tel: 01483 772470)
Who: Woking find themselves at this level having been relegated from the Blue Square Premier last season. The Kingfield club were one of non-league football's biggest clubs in the mid-90s but since the turn of the century have found themselves battling against relegation year after year culminating in last season's demotion.
You may also want to watch:
Season so far: Woking have started well this season and currently find themselves in fourth place. Manager Graham Baker has revamped his squad whilst keeping hold of key players like Giuseppe Sole and Tom Hutchinson.
The Cards have only lost three games all season, though disappointingly for their fans two of these have been at home (Chelmsford City and Newport County).
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
Woking go into tonight's game having won just once in their last three outings. A 3-1 defeat Bromley was followed up by an impressive 2-0 win at Dover Athletic before the Cards were held to a 0-0 draw by Braintree in their last outing.
Last season: City's last trip to Kingfield actually came back on News Year's Day on January 2007 when the Saints ran out 2-1 winners in the Conference National. Chris Sharpling had given the Cards the lead after five minutes but second half goals from Ram Marwa and Tom Davis gave City all three points.
Players: Giuseppe Sole is Woking's leading scorer this season with four goals to his name including a brace as the Cards beat Dover. Creating the opportunities for Sole is Harry Arter who joined the club from Charlton Athletic this summer. Arter has also chipped in with a couple of goals and will provide the City midfield with a tough evening.
City hope to have Solomon Shields back in their starting line-up following the hamstring strain he picked up at Lewes. Shields' return will be a welcome one with James Fisher beginning his two-game ban.