City set for Hampton trip
Plus details of CITYLIVE coverage
Hampton & Richmond Borough V St Albans City
Blue Square Bet South
THE games come thick and fast for the Saints over the festive period with a trip to Hampton & Richmond Borough awaiting on Tuesday.
THE LOWDOWN: Alan Devonshire’s side currently sit in the lower mid-table region, seven points clear of the relegation zone.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to the Beaver’s Boxing Day clash with Staines Town, Hampton had been on a three game winning run and have only lost once in their last eight fixtures prior to the festive period.
PLAYER TO WATCH: Dave Tarpey has caused the Saints’ defence problems on previous visits to the Beveree.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
The former Basingstoke man netted twice in the corresponding fixture last season and was the club’s leading scorer last term.
LAST TIME: The two sides have already met at Clarence Park this season, sharing a 1-1 draw.
Adam Martin had put the Saints ahead with his first goal for the club on 50 minutes but that was cancelled out by James Simmonds just 16 minutes later.
The Saints last trip to the Beveree was a disappointing one coming out on the wrong end of a 3-0 scoreline. Tarpey grabbed two for the home side with Lawrence Yaku completing the rout.