City set for Arlesey test
ST ALBANS City head to Arlesey Town this Saturday in Southern Premier Division action.
They go into the game on the back of a 3-2 friendly defeat to Barton Rovers that was played on a 3G pitch at North Herts College in Hitchin last Saturday.
Chris Seeby and Sakho Bakare scored to put City in front but Barton took advantage of the changes made by City boss David Howell to secure a 3-2 win.
That game was arranged by the two clubs after City’s match with Stourbridge on Saturday became the latest fixture to fall foul of the weather.
A pitch inspection was called for Friday afternoon after a week that brought snow and freezing temperatures, and with the pitch and terrace still under snow the pitch inspection was a formality.
You may also want to watch:
Both clubs have moved quickly to rearrange the fixture with Stour now due to visit Clarence Park on Tuesday, March 27 (KO 7.45pm).
n There is a St Albans City team and supporters coach going to Frome Town for the away game on Saturday, February 25.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 9 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
The coach will depart at 10.15am from the Clarence Park entrance to the ground. Since the coach has only a limited number of seats available, anyone going should book as early as possible. To book a seat please call Ian Rogers on 07714 145862 or Barry Hilliard on 07831 859041. The cost is �19 for adults and �11 for juniors.