City set for Arlesey test
ST ALBANS City head to Arlesey Town this Saturday in Southern Premier Division action.
They go into the game on the back of a 3-2 friendly defeat to Barton Rovers that was played on a 3G pitch at North Herts College in Hitchin last Saturday.
Chris Seeby and Sakho Bakare scored to put City in front but Barton took advantage of the changes made by City boss David Howell to secure a 3-2 win.
That game was arranged by the two clubs after City’s match with Stourbridge on Saturday became the latest fixture to fall foul of the weather.
A pitch inspection was called for Friday afternoon after a week that brought snow and freezing temperatures, and with the pitch and terrace still under snow the pitch inspection was a formality.
Both clubs have moved quickly to rearrange the fixture with Stour now due to visit Clarence Park on Tuesday, March 27 (KO 7.45pm).
n There is a St Albans City team and supporters coach going to Frome Town for the away game on Saturday, February 25.
- 1 Club night revival in St Albans
- 2 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 3 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 4 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 5 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 6 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 7 Cock fight ends Company of Ten's first-rate season at the Abbey Theatre
- 8 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 IN PICTURES: The return of Kimpton Folk Festival
The coach will depart at 10.15am from the Clarence Park entrance to the ground. Since the coach has only a limited number of seats available, anyone going should book as early as possible. To book a seat please call Ian Rogers on 07714 145862 or Barry Hilliard on 07831 859041. The cost is �19 for adults and �11 for juniors.