City seek revenge against Bromley
St Albans City v Bromley Saturday, December 12 – 3pm KO Season so far: Bromley are one of a number of clubs positioned within striking distance of the Blue Square South play-offs. Managed by former Crystal Palace chairman Mark Goldberg, the Lillywhites a
St Albans City v Bromley
Saturday, December 12 - 3pm KO
Season so far: Bromley are one of a number of clubs positioned within striking distance of the Blue Square South play-offs. Managed by former Crystal Palace chairman Mark Goldberg, the Lillywhites are five points behind Chelmsford, who occupy the last play-off spot, but the Londoners have three games in hand.
Since they beat the Saints 2-0 on November 28, Goldberg's side have played just once, a 2-2 draw with Dover Athletic.
Last meeting: Goals from Gareth A Williams and Mark Corneille sank City when the two sides met at Hayes Lane 12 days ago.
The last time the Lillywhites visited Clarence Park there were goals aplenty. Mark Goldberg's side raced into a 3-0 lead only to be pegged back by a hat trick from Ben Martin. Defensive lapses gifted Bromley two more goals while Danny Charge's late debut goal made the final score 5-4 to the visitors.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
Players: James Fisher is available for the Saints despite speculation the midfielder was suspended. It was feared the former Northwood man would miss the game after collecting five yellow cards but one of these has been scrubbed off after it was converted into a red card against Hampton & Richmond.
Ryan Hall could be set for a return to the Bromley side following injury. The former Crystal Palace man, who opened the scoring when the Lillywhites visited Clarence Park last season, has been sidelined with a broken metatarsal.
Former Saints striker Warren McBean was Bromley's top scorer last season and he is continuing to lead the way this season with seven goals to his name.