City Reserves strike Luck-y
Striker scores all five in big win
SSML Division One
St Albans City Reserves 5 Bedford 0
BEN Luck was in sensational form on Saturday plundering all five goals as St Albans City Reserves hammered Bedford.
A much changed Saints were slow to get going but opened the scoring in the 15th minute when Luck flicked home following a John Addai header.
You may also want to watch:
Five minutes later Luck had doubled his and Saints’ advantage finishing well from the right hand side of the area.
Saints ‘keeper David Bailey then made an excellent save to ensure the Saints’ two-goal cushion remained in tact at the break.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
Luck and striker Dom Petrucci continued to cause problems after the turnaround and Luck added a second half hat-trick to round off a superb day for the forward.
Reserve team boss Franco Sidoli told the club’s official website: “We needed that win after a few poor performances. The players showed great attitude throughout and keeping a clean sheet was especially pleasing.”