City Reserves strike Luck-y
Striker scores all five in big win
SSML Division One
St Albans City Reserves 5 Bedford 0
BEN Luck was in sensational form on Saturday plundering all five goals as St Albans City Reserves hammered Bedford.
A much changed Saints were slow to get going but opened the scoring in the 15th minute when Luck flicked home following a John Addai header.
You may also want to watch:
Five minutes later Luck had doubled his and Saints’ advantage finishing well from the right hand side of the area.
Saints ‘keeper David Bailey then made an excellent save to ensure the Saints’ two-goal cushion remained in tact at the break.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
Luck and striker Dom Petrucci continued to cause problems after the turnaround and Luck added a second half hat-trick to round off a superb day for the forward.
Reserve team boss Franco Sidoli told the club’s official website: “We needed that win after a few poor performances. The players showed great attitude throughout and keeping a clean sheet was especially pleasing.”