City Reserves strike Luck-y
Striker scores all five in big win
SSML Division One
St Albans City Reserves 5 Bedford 0
BEN Luck was in sensational form on Saturday plundering all five goals as St Albans City Reserves hammered Bedford.
A much changed Saints were slow to get going but opened the scoring in the 15th minute when Luck flicked home following a John Addai header.
Five minutes later Luck had doubled his and Saints’ advantage finishing well from the right hand side of the area.
Saints ‘keeper David Bailey then made an excellent save to ensure the Saints’ two-goal cushion remained in tact at the break.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 4 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 5 Police hunt wanted man with connections to St Albans
- 6 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 7 Comment: Is Aldenham really posher than St Albans and Harpenden?
- 8 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 9 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Luck and striker Dom Petrucci continued to cause problems after the turnaround and Luck added a second half hat-trick to round off a superb day for the forward.
Reserve team boss Franco Sidoli told the club’s official website: “We needed that win after a few poor performances. The players showed great attitude throughout and keeping a clean sheet was especially pleasing.”