City Reserves strike Luck-y
Striker scores all five in big win
SSML Division One
St Albans City Reserves 5 Bedford 0
BEN Luck was in sensational form on Saturday plundering all five goals as St Albans City Reserves hammered Bedford.
A much changed Saints were slow to get going but opened the scoring in the 15th minute when Luck flicked home following a John Addai header.
Five minutes later Luck had doubled his and Saints’ advantage finishing well from the right hand side of the area.
Saints ‘keeper David Bailey then made an excellent save to ensure the Saints’ two-goal cushion remained in tact at the break.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 3 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 4 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 5 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
- 6 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 7 Police arrest St Albans man on suspicion of 'harassment'
- 8 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 9 Family favourite event returns to Harpenden park
- 10 Harley-Davidson rider dies in A5183 Radlett crash
Luck and striker Dom Petrucci continued to cause problems after the turnaround and Luck added a second half hat-trick to round off a superb day for the forward.
Reserve team boss Franco Sidoli told the club’s official website: “We needed that win after a few poor performances. The players showed great attitude throughout and keeping a clean sheet was especially pleasing.”