City Reserves push their Luck against Buckingham
SSML Division One
St Albans City Reserves 1
Buckingham Athletic 1
ST ALBANS City Reserves boss Franco Sidoli admitted his side’s 1-1 draw with Buckingham Athletic on Saturday felt like a defeat.
It very nearly was for the Saints’ second string who had to rely on Ben Luck’s 89th minute goal for a share of the spoils at Clarence Park on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Sidoli told the club’s official website afterwards: “That actually feels like a defeat but when you equalise in the last few minutes you have to be pleased as well.
“There was some strange stuff going on out there today so we will learn from the experience and move on.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 6 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 New rules are a further nail in the coffin for pubs
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
“We now have to cope with some big changes to our squad for various reasons and it is pleasing to see the youngsters coming through to stake their claim.”
Saints dominated the contest with goalkeeper Will Viner a spectator for the most part but the home side found themselves behind on 68 minutes when David Fenton’s speculative effort took a deflection and found its way past Viner.
The Saints, who had seen Mark Campbell’s free kick controversially ruled out by the referee despite initially giving the goal, threw on Tremayne Charles, one of the stars of the impressive Midweek Youth side, and he impressed on his debut.
The equalising goal came in the dying moments when Dom Petrucci worked an opening for Luck to turn the ball home.