City Reserves push their Luck against Buckingham
SSML Division One
St Albans City Reserves 1
Buckingham Athletic 1
ST ALBANS City Reserves boss Franco Sidoli admitted his side’s 1-1 draw with Buckingham Athletic on Saturday felt like a defeat.
It very nearly was for the Saints’ second string who had to rely on Ben Luck’s 89th minute goal for a share of the spoils at Clarence Park on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Sidoli told the club’s official website afterwards: “That actually feels like a defeat but when you equalise in the last few minutes you have to be pleased as well.
“There was some strange stuff going on out there today so we will learn from the experience and move on.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 9 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
“We now have to cope with some big changes to our squad for various reasons and it is pleasing to see the youngsters coming through to stake their claim.”
Saints dominated the contest with goalkeeper Will Viner a spectator for the most part but the home side found themselves behind on 68 minutes when David Fenton’s speculative effort took a deflection and found its way past Viner.
The Saints, who had seen Mark Campbell’s free kick controversially ruled out by the referee despite initially giving the goal, threw on Tremayne Charles, one of the stars of the impressive Midweek Youth side, and he impressed on his debut.
The equalising goal came in the dying moments when Dom Petrucci worked an opening for Luck to turn the ball home.