City release Thurlbourne
ST ALBANS City have released midfielder LUKE Thurlbourne by mutual consent. The former Southend midfielder was dropped from the starting XI for Saturday s game with Weymouth and has now left the club. The Saints look to have mounting problems in midfield
ST ALBANS City have released midfielder LUKE Thurlbourne by mutual consent.
The former Southend midfielder was dropped from the starting XI for Saturday's game with Weymouth and has now left the club.
The Saints look to have mounting problems in midfield with James Fisher being handed a further two-game ban after the FA charged him with verbally abusing referee Paul Forrester during City's 2-1 defeat to Hampton & Richmond Borough back in August.
Fisher, who has already served a two-game ban for the red card, will miss next Tuesday's trip to Woking and Braintree's visit to Clarence Park four days later.
You may also want to watch:
With Solomon Shields currently on the sidelines with a hamstring injury, City are down to the bare bones with only Godfrey Poku left as a recognised central midfield player.
Adam Everitt and James Quilter can both play in the centre of the park but they are nursing groin and shoulder injuries respectively.
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 4 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 District's COVID cases fall below England's average for first time in a month
- 7 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine