City release Thurlbourne
ST ALBANS City have released midfielder LUKE Thurlbourne by mutual consent. The former Southend midfielder was dropped from the starting XI for Saturday s game with Weymouth and has now left the club. The Saints look to have mounting problems in midfield
ST ALBANS City have released midfielder LUKE Thurlbourne by mutual consent.
The former Southend midfielder was dropped from the starting XI for Saturday's game with Weymouth and has now left the club.
The Saints look to have mounting problems in midfield with James Fisher being handed a further two-game ban after the FA charged him with verbally abusing referee Paul Forrester during City's 2-1 defeat to Hampton & Richmond Borough back in August.
Fisher, who has already served a two-game ban for the red card, will miss next Tuesday's trip to Woking and Braintree's visit to Clarence Park four days later.
You may also want to watch:
With Solomon Shields currently on the sidelines with a hamstring injury, City are down to the bare bones with only Godfrey Poku left as a recognised central midfield player.
Adam Everitt and James Quilter can both play in the centre of the park but they are nursing groin and shoulder injuries respectively.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 8 A New York state of mind
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire