City release Thurlbourne
ST ALBANS City have released midfielder LUKE Thurlbourne by mutual consent. The former Southend midfielder was dropped from the starting XI for Saturday s game with Weymouth and has now left the club. The Saints look to have mounting problems in midfield
ST ALBANS City have released midfielder LUKE Thurlbourne by mutual consent.
The former Southend midfielder was dropped from the starting XI for Saturday's game with Weymouth and has now left the club.
The Saints look to have mounting problems in midfield with James Fisher being handed a further two-game ban after the FA charged him with verbally abusing referee Paul Forrester during City's 2-1 defeat to Hampton & Richmond Borough back in August.
Fisher, who has already served a two-game ban for the red card, will miss next Tuesday's trip to Woking and Braintree's visit to Clarence Park four days later.
You may also want to watch:
With Solomon Shields currently on the sidelines with a hamstring injury, City are down to the bare bones with only Godfrey Poku left as a recognised central midfield player.
Adam Everitt and James Quilter can both play in the centre of the park but they are nursing groin and shoulder injuries respectively.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 8 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire