City of St Albans swimmers claim bronze medals at regional championships
- Credit: Archant
Two swimmers from the City of St Albans Swimming Club (CoStA) came away with medals at the regional championships.
Lauren Stott picked up two bronzes in the 200m backstroke and 100m butterfly while Kieran McCarthy secured bronze in the 50m breaststroke.
They were part of a 19-strong CoStA team, aged between 11 and 14, taken to the championships at Inspire Luton.
And the rest of the squad also produced some strong performances.
Grace Stedman finished sixth in the 200m breastroke as did McCarthy in the 100m.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Pannese, appearing in his first regionals, came in eighth in the 50m freestyle while Tanin Kursidim was sixth in the 200m butterfly and seventh in the 100m backstroke.
Stedman and Kursidim followed these results by placing seventh in their finals, the 100m breaststroke and 200m backstroke respectively.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
A spokeswoman said: “It was a solid performance from all 19 swimmers.
“Head Coach Mike Cole expressed his pride in the team’s performance, praising the hard work and the progression made by the age group swimmers.”