City of St Albans finish in style in Arena National League
- Credit: Archant
City of St Albans Swimming Club (CoStA) ended the Arena National League Premier Division on a high after finishing third in the final round at Harlow.
The squad picked up a number of wins on the night, including Evangelina Fisher with a time of 1:15:60 in the ladies’ open breaststroke, Liam Curran who finished the men’s open butterfly in 58:58, and Shannon Stott in the girls’ U15 butterfly with a time of 1:05:84.
The girls’ U15 medley relay team also claimed top spot on the podium with a time of 2:09:58.
Meanwhile, Kieran McCarthy was narrowly beaten in the boys’ U13 breaststroke with a time of 1:15:61, while Grace Wylie also achieved second with a time of 1:08:33 in the girls’ U15 backstroke.
Thomas Cadenhead in the boys’ U13 freestyle, recording a time of 1:02:87, and Edward Loveman, in the men’s open breaststroke, timed at 1:07:95, also just missed out on the top spot.
You may also want to watch:
His brother, William Loveman, emulated that second place in the boys’ U15 breaststroke in 1:13:25.
CoStA head coach, Mike Cole, said: “Finishing third in a premier division round of a national league is no mean feat and it’s testament to the hours of training our young swimmers put in and their dedication to the sport.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
“Very well done to all who competed.”
1. Romford Town - 272 points
2. Colchester - 269 points
3. City of St Albans - 246 points
4. Bishop’s Stortford - 243
5. Enfield Swim Squad - 239
6. Shiverers - 213
7. Watford - 165
8. Hoddesdon - 145