City of St Albans finish in style in Arena National League
- Credit: Archant
City of St Albans Swimming Club (CoStA) ended the Arena National League Premier Division on a high after finishing third in the final round at Harlow.
The squad picked up a number of wins on the night, including Evangelina Fisher with a time of 1:15:60 in the ladies’ open breaststroke, Liam Curran who finished the men’s open butterfly in 58:58, and Shannon Stott in the girls’ U15 butterfly with a time of 1:05:84.
The girls’ U15 medley relay team also claimed top spot on the podium with a time of 2:09:58.
Meanwhile, Kieran McCarthy was narrowly beaten in the boys’ U13 breaststroke with a time of 1:15:61, while Grace Wylie also achieved second with a time of 1:08:33 in the girls’ U15 backstroke.
Thomas Cadenhead in the boys’ U13 freestyle, recording a time of 1:02:87, and Edward Loveman, in the men’s open breaststroke, timed at 1:07:95, also just missed out on the top spot.
You may also want to watch:
His brother, William Loveman, emulated that second place in the boys’ U15 breaststroke in 1:13:25.
CoStA head coach, Mike Cole, said: “Finishing third in a premier division round of a national league is no mean feat and it’s testament to the hours of training our young swimmers put in and their dedication to the sport.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
“Very well done to all who competed.”
1. Romford Town - 272 points
2. Colchester - 269 points
3. City of St Albans - 246 points
4. Bishop’s Stortford - 243
5. Enfield Swim Squad - 239
6. Shiverers - 213
7. Watford - 165
8. Hoddesdon - 145