City of St Albans enjoy success
IN the final results of the County Championships, City of St Albans Swimming Club finished in eighth place of the 21 clubs. In the individual boys age group categories championships there were top-five finishes for Luke Foster, aged nine, Robbie Lightowl
IN the final results of the County Championships, City of St Albans Swimming Club finished in eighth place of the 21 clubs.
In the individual boys age group categories championships there were top-five finishes for Luke Foster, aged nine, Robbie Lightowler, aged 11 and Jack Baron, aged 14. In the girls Chloe Beard, aged 12, came fourth, Anne-Marie DuPreez, aged 12, took fifth and Katie Lightowler, aged 13, took sixth. A number of other club swimmers also impressed.
Swimmers from City of St Albans Swimming Club were against tough competition at the Luton Open Gala and produced 19 Personal Bests and picked up eight medals.
Samuel Henson, aged 11, swam the qualification time in the 400 freestyle for the Regional Championships to be held in Norwich in June. Jack Baron celebrated his 14th birthday with a silver and a bronze medal and Charlotte Henson, aged 14, collected two bronze medals.
You may also want to watch:
There were silver medals for Holly Winfield, aged 13, Robbie Lightowler and Chris Stobbart, aged 14, and a bronze for Chloe Beard.
To join CoStA visit Westminster Lodge any Monday for club night. See www.costaasc.org.uk/ for more information.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district