City not recharging Danny's loan deal
City have opted not to extend Danny Charge s loan spell from League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge. The young striker came off the bench to score on his debut in the 5-4 defeat to Bromley at Clarence Park in January but has found first team opportunities
City have opted not to extend Danny Charge's loan spell from League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge.
The young striker came off the bench to score on his debut in the 5-4 defeat to Bromley at Clarence Park in January but has found first team opportunities restricted.
Charge's spell with City has been disrupted because of the weather and he had to wait until last Saturday's game with Bishop's Stortford for his first start, when he played in a wide left position.
Steve Castle told The Herts Advertiser: "He did well for us but he's not a wide left player, he's a centre forward and he wants first team football. That's not something I can guarantee him at the moment with Paul Hakim and Gary Cohen up there.
"I would like to extend my thanks to him for what he's done for the team and the club while he's been here."
Jonathan Hunt was expected to return to training tonight after coming off on Saturday and missing Monday's session with concussion. Despite this se back Castle is expecting to have the winger available for Saturday.
- 1 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 2 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 3 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 4 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 5 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 8 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 9 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 10 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
"He didn't train on Monday but he should be ok for Wednesday," he said. "He had what I would describe as a very mild form of concussion.