City not recharging Danny's loan deal
City have opted not to extend Danny Charge s loan spell from League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge. The young striker came off the bench to score on his debut in the 5-4 defeat to Bromley at Clarence Park in January but has found first team opportunities
City have opted not to extend Danny Charge's loan spell from League Two side Dagenham & Redbridge.
The young striker came off the bench to score on his debut in the 5-4 defeat to Bromley at Clarence Park in January but has found first team opportunities restricted.
Charge's spell with City has been disrupted because of the weather and he had to wait until last Saturday's game with Bishop's Stortford for his first start, when he played in a wide left position.
Steve Castle told The Herts Advertiser: "He did well for us but he's not a wide left player, he's a centre forward and he wants first team football. That's not something I can guarantee him at the moment with Paul Hakim and Gary Cohen up there.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to extend my thanks to him for what he's done for the team and the club while he's been here."
Jonathan Hunt was expected to return to training tonight after coming off on Saturday and missing Monday's session with concussion. Despite this se back Castle is expecting to have the winger available for Saturday.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 6 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
"He didn't train on Monday but he should be ok for Wednesday," he said. "He had what I would describe as a very mild form of concussion.