City make triple swoop
Saints add Humbert, Newell and Galbraith
ST Albans City have bolstered their ranks ahead of Sunday’s Boxing Day clash with rivals Boreham Wood with the addition of three midfielders.
Josh Humbert moves to Clarence Park from Spartan South Midlands Premier Division side Colney Heath.
The 22-year-old has played a pivotal role in midfield for Heath over the previous two seasons with his tough tackling and high energy displays having joined the Magpies from another local side, London Colney.
Also arriving at Clarence Park is 17-year-old Peterborough United midfielder Joe Newell.
You may also want to watch:
The Posh academy player has been a regular for the Cambridgeshire side in the Puma Youth Alliance League and has also appeared for the club’s reserve team.
The final addition to the squad is a familiar face with David Galbraith returning to the Clarence Park fold.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
The former Tottenham Hotspur and Northampton Town winger made six appearances for the Saints last season but his failure to shake off a niggling injury bought a premature end to his time at the club.