City make triple swoop
Saints add Humbert, Newell and Galbraith
ST Albans City have bolstered their ranks ahead of Sunday’s Boxing Day clash with rivals Boreham Wood with the addition of three midfielders.
Josh Humbert moves to Clarence Park from Spartan South Midlands Premier Division side Colney Heath.
The 22-year-old has played a pivotal role in midfield for Heath over the previous two seasons with his tough tackling and high energy displays having joined the Magpies from another local side, London Colney.
Also arriving at Clarence Park is 17-year-old Peterborough United midfielder Joe Newell.
You may also want to watch:
The Posh academy player has been a regular for the Cambridgeshire side in the Puma Youth Alliance League and has also appeared for the club’s reserve team.
The final addition to the squad is a familiar face with David Galbraith returning to the Clarence Park fold.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 10 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
The former Tottenham Hotspur and Northampton Town winger made six appearances for the Saints last season but his failure to shake off a niggling injury bought a premature end to his time at the club.