City make trip to Thurrock
Thurrock v St Albans City Blue Square South – Saturday, March 28, 2009 Ship Lane (Kick off 3pm) NEXT up for Steve Castle s side is a trip to lowly Thurrock, a team who have only won four games at home all season. The home side are in desperate need of th
Thurrock v St Albans City
Blue Square South - Saturday, March 28, 2009
Ship Lane (Kick off 3pm)
NEXT up for Steve Castle's side is a trip to lowly Thurrock, a team who have only won four games at home all season.
You may also want to watch:
The home side are in desperate need of the points as they try and escape relegation from the Blue Square South but will be faced with a City team that's unbeaten in seven games.
Last Meeting - Two second half goals ensured that Thurrock returned to Essex with all three points in September. Che Stadhart opened the scoring in the 68th minute and Lee Flynn made sure of the victory when he stuck the ball in the net two minutes from time.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Form - Hakan Hayretten's side go into Saturday's game on the back of three draws and three defeats. Late goals were the order of the day last time out as Team Bath recorded a 2-1 win at Ship Lane. Goals from Dean Smith in the 86th minute and Tom Pitriowski in the 89th minute gave the Students the lead and Rob Swaine's goal was too little too late for Fleet.
Players to Watch - Kieron St Amie will be keen to show Steve Castle what he missed out on when City visit on Saturday. The 19-year old failed to agree a deal with City earlier this month after he failed to show for training. The former QPR and Barnet man has since moved to Ship Lane and scored his first goal for the club in the 2-2 draw with Havant & Waterlooville.
Che Stadhart is the club's leading scorer with ten goals this season. The former Gravesend striker opened the scoring when the two sides met in September and he'll be looking to repeat that feat on Saturday.
Former City defender Lee Flynn is one of the few experienced players in an otherwise young Thurrock squad. The left back, who has also had spells at City's county rivals Stevenage and Barnet, has made 19 appearances for Fleet this season netting twice in the 1-1 draw with Bognor Regis Town and Fleet's 2-0 win at Clarence Park.