City look to pick up first away points at Chelmsford
Chelmsford City v St Albans City Saturday, September 5 – 3pm KO Where: Melbourne Park, Salerno Way, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 2EH Who: Chelmsford will be looking to better last season s efforts after falling short in the playoffs. The Clarets were the early
Chelmsford City v St Albans City
Saturday, September 5 - 3pm KO
Where: Melbourne Park, Salerno Way, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 2EH
Who: Chelmsford will be looking to better last season's efforts after falling short in the playoffs. The Clarets were the early-season pace setters before a 3-1 defeat at AFC Wimbledon gave the Dons the impetus and Chelmsford suffered an indifferent second half to the season ending with a fifth placed finish.
You may also want to watch:
A 3-1 defeat at home to Hampton & Richmond in the playoffs ended the Clarets' season.
Over the summer manager Jeff King moved 'upstairs' with first team coach Glenn Pennyfather taking control of team affairs. Pennyfather spent the summer rebuilding the squad bringing in St Albans City captain Ben Martin, striker Danny Hockton and goalkeeper Craig Holloway.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 7 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
Season so far: Chelmsford started the season on fire racing into a 4-0 lead after just 25 minutes against Bath City on the opening day but the home fans had to endure a nervous end as the visitors pulled back three goals. The Clarets' most impressive result so far this season was their 2-1 win at Woking but since then they've lost four games and drawn once at home to Dover Athletic.
Last season: Skipper Ben Martin swooped to rescue a point for City at Melbourne Park last season cancelling out Andy Duncan's first half opener. City had Jonathan Hunt sent off late in the game for a second bookable offence.
Players: Chelmsford are hoping to have ex-City favourite Ben Martin back for the visit of his former employers. The giant centre-half has been out since tearing a groin muscle in the opening game of the season and they had hoped he would return for the Bank Holiday weekend fixtures but he was unfortunately still sidelined.
Steve Castle has selection problems of his own. Paul Bastock and Solomon Shields start their suspensions following their red cards at Welling but Adam Everitt is available after sitting out the last three games through suspension. Youngster Michael Emery is likely to make his City debut in goal in Bastock's absence.
Referee: Paul Harris (Maidstone) assisted by G Atkins and L Wood.
Mr Harris was in charge of City's 4-0 win at Fisher Athletic last March