CITY LIVE: Braintree Town v St Albans City preview
Braintree Town v St Albans City Saturday, April 10 - 3pm kick off The season so far: SAINTS boss Steve Castle faces a massive task just naming a team for Saturday s game before even thinking about taking on in-form Braintree Town. Castle is without Jake
Braintree Town v St Albans City
Saturday, April 10 - 3pm kick off
The season so far:
SAINTS boss Steve Castle faces a massive task just naming a team for Saturday's game before even thinking about taking on in-form Braintree Town.
You may also want to watch:
Castle is without Jake Beecroft, whose loan expired this week, and Tegana James who is in America. The City boss hopes James Quilter will return despite being released last week and is also hoping to get Jake Argent back from Leyton Orient.
Braintree have enjoyed a much better season this year following last year's disappointment with Robbie Garvey's side currently in fourth place and well on course to make the play-offs.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
Last time these two teams met:
Mark Jones scored a late goal to earn Braintree a share of the spoils at Clarence Park. Jones' wonder goal cancelled out Danny Johnson's first goal for the Saints.
Danny Johnson is likely to start after impressing as a second half substitute at Hampton & Richmond Borough on Monday. The former Maldon man is the obvious replacement for Jake Beecroft with James Fisher expected to switch to the right to allow Johnson to play in the middle.
Referee (Subject to change): Paul Harris (Maidstone) assisted by A Bakalarz & K Stone.
For those of you who are unable to attend, you can keep up to date with goings on by using our CITYLIVE service which will start around 30 minutes before kick off.