City legend heads home
Paul Bastock returns to Boston United
ST ALBANS City legend Paul Bastock has ended his time at the club and rejoined hometown side Boston United.
The 40-year-old goalkeeper made 260 appearances for City and collected two Player of the Year awards, the second after just 11 games during the 2007/08 season in which he was instrumental in the club’s escape from relegation.
The experienced goalkeeper has turned in a number of memorable performances between the sticks for the Saints none more so than his display at Dartford in 2008 when he single handedly kept the Darts at bay during an FA Trophy replay.
Speaking to the club’s website about his departure Bastock said: “I have loved every minute of my time with St Albans City, I even loved the hard times.
You may also want to watch:
“I have made a lot of good friends through the club and I hope we will stay in touch. It was not an easy decision and I discussed it with Steve Castle and Mark Peters before making my mind up.
“Obviously he is not around anymore but I want to thank Colin Lippiatt for bringing me to the club and thank Steve for calling me back after my time at Rushden. I also want to say a few words of thanks to the supporters who have been terrific to me throughout my time here and I will always treasure the two Player of the Year awards you gave me. I hope the club can get through its current difficulties quickly, it is a smashing club and I will miss it very much.”
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works