City Ladies win local derby
St Albans City Ladies earned bragging rights over local rivals Harvesters Ladies with a 3-2 win on Sunday.
The first goal came within three minutes of the start courtesy of Holly Sheridan’s neat first-touch finish.
The second half continued in the same way, with City controlling the pace, and Molly Slade doubled the advantage after firing home from the edge of the box after a pull back from the by line.
As the final whistle drew ever close, City found the gaps in the defence and Kelly Hancock rolled a ball back for Sophie Joseph to finish the game with a lobbed shot over all players finding the back of the net, giving K Hancock her third assist of the game.
City unbeaten run keeps them atop the table. Their next home game is against fifth place Flitwick on Sunday, December 22, kick-off 2pm kick off at London Colney FC’s ground. Free entry.
You may also want to watch:
Squad: Sasha Tucker, Emma Tammaro, Grace Campion, Megan Kiff, Rachel Sherlow, Sarah Ward, Sophie Green, Kelly Hancock, Lucy Hancock (C), Amber Charlton, Renae Mooney, Sophie Joseph, Molly Slade Georga Knight, Holly Sheridan, Isis Anders
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor