City Ladies win local derby
St Albans City Ladies earned bragging rights over local rivals Harvesters Ladies with a 3-2 win on Sunday.
The first goal came within three minutes of the start courtesy of Holly Sheridan’s neat first-touch finish.
The second half continued in the same way, with City controlling the pace, and Molly Slade doubled the advantage after firing home from the edge of the box after a pull back from the by line.
As the final whistle drew ever close, City found the gaps in the defence and Kelly Hancock rolled a ball back for Sophie Joseph to finish the game with a lobbed shot over all players finding the back of the net, giving K Hancock her third assist of the game.
City unbeaten run keeps them atop the table. Their next home game is against fifth place Flitwick on Sunday, December 22, kick-off 2pm kick off at London Colney FC’s ground. Free entry.
You may also want to watch:
Squad: Sasha Tucker, Emma Tammaro, Grace Campion, Megan Kiff, Rachel Sherlow, Sarah Ward, Sophie Green, Kelly Hancock, Lucy Hancock (C), Amber Charlton, Renae Mooney, Sophie Joseph, Molly Slade Georga Knight, Holly Sheridan, Isis Anders
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 10 Forging ahead for hospice care