City Ladies return to winning ways ahead of semi-final
- Credit: Archant
City ladies got back to winning ways with a 3-0 win away at Wootton FC.
After an early chance went begging, Holly Sheridan settled City’s nerves with a neat finish in the 15th minute.
On the half hour mark she got her brace from a square ball from Kelly Hancock so she could slide it into an open net.
With the score standing at 2-0 at half-time, City kept the tempo high in the middle of the park and Emma Tammaro confidently collected attempts on goal from Wootton.
Just over 10 minutes from full-time, Megan Kiff sealed the deal with the third goal when she calmly placed it round the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies will hope to take this form through to next week’s semi-final at home to Leverstock Green Ladies Whites. Kick-off is 1:30pm.
Squad: Emma Tammaro; Sasha Tucker; Sophie Green; Megan Kiff; Sarah Ward; Grace Campion; Sophie Green; Kelly Hancock; Lucy Hancock (c); Amber Charlton; Sophie Joseph; Faith Trounce; Molly Slade; Holly Sheridan; Vikki Allen.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans