City Ladies remain unbeaten with cup win
St Albans City Ladies came out on top in a battle between Herts and Beds title contenders as they beat Offley and Stopsley Women 3-2 in the League Cup.
The first-half proved to be a show of good football with City on top and snatching an early lead curtsey of Molly Slade’s long range shot.
Offley fought back, managing to score two goals with good work from the lone striker.
Adamant not to lose out on their previous lead, City built the pressure again as the corner count tallied up. City made it pay off with Slade grabbing her second of the match just before half-time.
In the second half, City Ladies stepped up another gear and found the winning goal. Continuing to press the Offley defence, stand in captain Kelly Hancock took the ball calmly round the Offley keeper and tapped it into the net.
City keeper Emma Tamarro was threatened numerous times in the closing minutes but secured the game from going to extra-time.
City remain unbeaten now in both the league and League Cup. Their next home game is on December 1 against Offley.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
Squad: Sasha Tucker, Emma Tammaro, Sammy Rowlands, Grace Campion, Megan Kiff, Rachel Sherlow, Sarah Ward, Kelly Hancock (C), Amber Charlton, Renae Mooney, Sophie Joseph, Amy Crumpler, Molly Slade Georga Knight, Holly Sheridan, Sammy May