City Ladies remain unbeaten with cup win
St Albans City Ladies came out on top in a battle between Herts and Beds title contenders as they beat Offley and Stopsley Women 3-2 in the League Cup.
The first-half proved to be a show of good football with City on top and snatching an early lead curtsey of Molly Slade’s long range shot.
Offley fought back, managing to score two goals with good work from the lone striker.
Adamant not to lose out on their previous lead, City built the pressure again as the corner count tallied up. City made it pay off with Slade grabbing her second of the match just before half-time.
In the second half, City Ladies stepped up another gear and found the winning goal. Continuing to press the Offley defence, stand in captain Kelly Hancock took the ball calmly round the Offley keeper and tapped it into the net.
You may also want to watch:
City keeper Emma Tamarro was threatened numerous times in the closing minutes but secured the game from going to extra-time.
City remain unbeaten now in both the league and League Cup. Their next home game is on December 1 against Offley.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 8 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Squad: Sasha Tucker, Emma Tammaro, Sammy Rowlands, Grace Campion, Megan Kiff, Rachel Sherlow, Sarah Ward, Kelly Hancock (C), Amber Charlton, Renae Mooney, Sophie Joseph, Amy Crumpler, Molly Slade Georga Knight, Holly Sheridan, Sammy May