City Ladies remain unbeaten with cup win
St Albans City Ladies came out on top in a battle between Herts and Beds title contenders as they beat Offley and Stopsley Women 3-2 in the League Cup.
The first-half proved to be a show of good football with City on top and snatching an early lead curtsey of Molly Slade’s long range shot.
Offley fought back, managing to score two goals with good work from the lone striker.
Adamant not to lose out on their previous lead, City built the pressure again as the corner count tallied up. City made it pay off with Slade grabbing her second of the match just before half-time.
In the second half, City Ladies stepped up another gear and found the winning goal. Continuing to press the Offley defence, stand in captain Kelly Hancock took the ball calmly round the Offley keeper and tapped it into the net.
You may also want to watch:
City keeper Emma Tamarro was threatened numerous times in the closing minutes but secured the game from going to extra-time.
City remain unbeaten now in both the league and League Cup. Their next home game is on December 1 against Offley.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Squad: Sasha Tucker, Emma Tammaro, Sammy Rowlands, Grace Campion, Megan Kiff, Rachel Sherlow, Sarah Ward, Kelly Hancock (C), Amber Charlton, Renae Mooney, Sophie Joseph, Amy Crumpler, Molly Slade Georga Knight, Holly Sheridan, Sammy May