City Ladies exit FA Cup
St Albans City Ladies crashed out of the FA Cup, losing 6-2 against Enfield in the third qualifying round.
A slow start from City saw them two down after just 10 minutes and they continued to be out classed by the momentum of the Enfield players.
After the first 20 minutes, as City settled, the match started to level out. They then created a few of their own chances but at the cost of another two Enfield goals.
After the break, Saints came out and scored in the first five minutes. Holly Sheridan challenged the goalkeeper to flick to the ball to Georga Knight who rolled the ball into an empty night.
Enfield replied just five minutes later to keep their goal difference up.
You may also want to watch:
City battled back and were rewarded with another goal. A cross by Kelly Hancock for Knight saw her grab her second of the match.
At 6-2 City dug in and challenged every ball and played some good football but their higher league opposition ran out winners.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
Squad: Sasha Tucker, Emma Tammero, Molly Slade, Grace Campion, Megan Kiff, Sammy Rowland, Sarah Ward, Faith Trounce, Renae Mooney, Lucy Hancock (c), Kelly Hancock, Sophie Joseph, Amber Charlton, Holly Sheridan, Georga Knight,