City Ladies exit FA Cup
St Albans City Ladies crashed out of the FA Cup, losing 6-2 against Enfield in the third qualifying round.
A slow start from City saw them two down after just 10 minutes and they continued to be out classed by the momentum of the Enfield players.
After the first 20 minutes, as City settled, the match started to level out. They then created a few of their own chances but at the cost of another two Enfield goals.
After the break, Saints came out and scored in the first five minutes. Holly Sheridan challenged the goalkeeper to flick to the ball to Georga Knight who rolled the ball into an empty night.
Enfield replied just five minutes later to keep their goal difference up.
You may also want to watch:
City battled back and were rewarded with another goal. A cross by Kelly Hancock for Knight saw her grab her second of the match.
At 6-2 City dug in and challenged every ball and played some good football but their higher league opposition ran out winners.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
Squad: Sasha Tucker, Emma Tammero, Molly Slade, Grace Campion, Megan Kiff, Sammy Rowland, Sarah Ward, Faith Trounce, Renae Mooney, Lucy Hancock (c), Kelly Hancock, Sophie Joseph, Amber Charlton, Holly Sheridan, Georga Knight,