City Ladies exit FA Cup
St Albans City Ladies crashed out of the FA Cup, losing 6-2 against Enfield in the third qualifying round.
A slow start from City saw them two down after just 10 minutes and they continued to be out classed by the momentum of the Enfield players.
After the first 20 minutes, as City settled, the match started to level out. They then created a few of their own chances but at the cost of another two Enfield goals.
After the break, Saints came out and scored in the first five minutes. Holly Sheridan challenged the goalkeeper to flick to the ball to Georga Knight who rolled the ball into an empty night.
Enfield replied just five minutes later to keep their goal difference up.
City battled back and were rewarded with another goal. A cross by Kelly Hancock for Knight saw her grab her second of the match.
At 6-2 City dug in and challenged every ball and played some good football but their higher league opposition ran out winners.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
Squad: Sasha Tucker, Emma Tammero, Molly Slade, Grace Campion, Megan Kiff, Sammy Rowland, Sarah Ward, Faith Trounce, Renae Mooney, Lucy Hancock (c), Kelly Hancock, Sophie Joseph, Amber Charlton, Holly Sheridan, Georga Knight,