City Ladies exit FA Cup
St Albans City Ladies crashed out of the FA Cup, losing 6-2 against Enfield in the third qualifying round.
A slow start from City saw them two down after just 10 minutes and they continued to be out classed by the momentum of the Enfield players.
After the first 20 minutes, as City settled, the match started to level out. They then created a few of their own chances but at the cost of another two Enfield goals.
After the break, Saints came out and scored in the first five minutes. Holly Sheridan challenged the goalkeeper to flick to the ball to Georga Knight who rolled the ball into an empty night.
Enfield replied just five minutes later to keep their goal difference up.
City battled back and were rewarded with another goal. A cross by Kelly Hancock for Knight saw her grab her second of the match.
At 6-2 City dug in and challenged every ball and played some good football but their higher league opposition ran out winners.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 5 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 6 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 10 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
Squad: Sasha Tucker, Emma Tammero, Molly Slade, Grace Campion, Megan Kiff, Sammy Rowland, Sarah Ward, Faith Trounce, Renae Mooney, Lucy Hancock (c), Kelly Hancock, Sophie Joseph, Amber Charlton, Holly Sheridan, Georga Knight,