City Ladies draw top of the table clash
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Ladies returned to action after a long winter lay-off with a 3-3 draw in a top of the table clash with Flitwick.
City pressed right from the first whistle, but they had to wait until the 30th minute to open the scoring as Amber Charlton whipped in a corner for Kelly Hancock to head home from close range.
Flitwick momentarily switched off after conceding and the Saints made them pay. Holly Sheridan ran at their defence before squaring a ball for Sophie Joseph to slot it past the keeper to make it 2-0.
After all their hard work, City conceded a soft penalty five minutes into the second half and five minutes later they faced another controversial decision when Flitwick were awarded an indirect free kick inside the box for a supposed back pass from City.
With the score now standing at 2-2 it was proving to be a tight game. Half way through the second half Flitwick took the lead for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
City bounced back straight away, though, with Joseph and Sheridan again linking well. Sheridan made it count by firing home to take away the point.
City continue their unbeaten run but have a tough two weeks ahead with another big league game and a cup semi-final on the horizon.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall