City Ladies draw top of the table clash
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Ladies returned to action after a long winter lay-off with a 3-3 draw in a top of the table clash with Flitwick.
City pressed right from the first whistle, but they had to wait until the 30th minute to open the scoring as Amber Charlton whipped in a corner for Kelly Hancock to head home from close range.
Flitwick momentarily switched off after conceding and the Saints made them pay. Holly Sheridan ran at their defence before squaring a ball for Sophie Joseph to slot it past the keeper to make it 2-0.
After all their hard work, City conceded a soft penalty five minutes into the second half and five minutes later they faced another controversial decision when Flitwick were awarded an indirect free kick inside the box for a supposed back pass from City.
With the score now standing at 2-2 it was proving to be a tight game. Half way through the second half Flitwick took the lead for the first time.
City bounced back straight away, though, with Joseph and Sheridan again linking well. Sheridan made it count by firing home to take away the point.
City continue their unbeaten run but have a tough two weeks ahead with another big league game and a cup semi-final on the horizon.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 3 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 4 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 5 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 8 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network