City Ladies draw top of the table clash
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Ladies returned to action after a long winter lay-off with a 3-3 draw in a top of the table clash with Flitwick.
City pressed right from the first whistle, but they had to wait until the 30th minute to open the scoring as Amber Charlton whipped in a corner for Kelly Hancock to head home from close range.
Flitwick momentarily switched off after conceding and the Saints made them pay. Holly Sheridan ran at their defence before squaring a ball for Sophie Joseph to slot it past the keeper to make it 2-0.
After all their hard work, City conceded a soft penalty five minutes into the second half and five minutes later they faced another controversial decision when Flitwick were awarded an indirect free kick inside the box for a supposed back pass from City.
With the score now standing at 2-2 it was proving to be a tight game. Half way through the second half Flitwick took the lead for the first time.
You may also want to watch:
City bounced back straight away, though, with Joseph and Sheridan again linking well. Sheridan made it count by firing home to take away the point.
City continue their unbeaten run but have a tough two weeks ahead with another big league game and a cup semi-final on the horizon.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book