City Ladies come out on top in seven goal thriller
Standon & Puckeridge 3
St Albans City Ladies 4
ST ALBANS City Ladies progressed to the next round of the County Cup after they beat Standon & Puckeridge 4-3.
The Ladies had raced into a 3-0 lead thanks to two goals from Kylie Wren either side of an Andrea Endobor effort.
You may also want to watch:
Wren struck the first after collecting Endobor’s pass and firing low past the goalkeeper.
Endobor’s goal came courtesy of a goalkeeping error, the City player benefiting after the keeper had spilled a high ball and leaving Endobor the simplest of tap ins.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
Wren’s second effort was a peach, beating the goalkeeper with a free kick from all of 35 yards.
City took their foot of the pedal however gifting the home side two goals but there was still time for Endobor to grab her second of the contest converting from Lucy Tape’s pass.
The second half failed to produce all the goals of the first but the home side did manage to beat Natalie Hilton once more to ensure a nervous final few minutes but City held on to set up a home tie with Hoddesdon in the next round on Sunday, November 21.
City: Hilton, Hutton, Sherlow, Kiff, Warren, Hancock, Tape (Cameron), Wren (Fletcher), Belcher, Brown, Endobor.
Unused sub: Johnston.