City Ladies come out on top in seven goal thriller
Standon & Puckeridge 3
St Albans City Ladies 4
ST ALBANS City Ladies progressed to the next round of the County Cup after they beat Standon & Puckeridge 4-3.
The Ladies had raced into a 3-0 lead thanks to two goals from Kylie Wren either side of an Andrea Endobor effort.
You may also want to watch:
Wren struck the first after collecting Endobor’s pass and firing low past the goalkeeper.
Endobor’s goal came courtesy of a goalkeeping error, the City player benefiting after the keeper had spilled a high ball and leaving Endobor the simplest of tap ins.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 10 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
Wren’s second effort was a peach, beating the goalkeeper with a free kick from all of 35 yards.
City took their foot of the pedal however gifting the home side two goals but there was still time for Endobor to grab her second of the contest converting from Lucy Tape’s pass.
The second half failed to produce all the goals of the first but the home side did manage to beat Natalie Hilton once more to ensure a nervous final few minutes but City held on to set up a home tie with Hoddesdon in the next round on Sunday, November 21.
City: Hilton, Hutton, Sherlow, Kiff, Warren, Hancock, Tape (Cameron), Wren (Fletcher), Belcher, Brown, Endobor.
Unused sub: Johnston.