City handed Hadley challenge in senior cup
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have been handed a home tie in the quarter finals of the Hertfordshire Senior Challenge Cup.
Hadley, managed by former Tottenham favourite, Micky Hazard, will provide the opposition at Clarence Park in a match scheduled for Tuesday, January 12.
City reached the last eight with a 5-0 win over Oxhey Jets on Tuesday night.
Hadley, who play in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division, sprung a shock when they beat Southern League Division One Central side, Potters Bar Town, 3-1.
The winners of the quarter final will face either Stevenage or Cheshunt, or Hitchin or Sun Sports, with their second round fixtures still to be played.
Quarter Final draw in full
Sun Sports or Hitchin v Cheshunt or Stevenage
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 3 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 4 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 5 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 7 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 8 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 9 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 10 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
St Albans City v Hadley
Bishop’s Stortford v Ware
Sawbridgeworth Town or Boreham Wood v Watford