City handed Hadley challenge in senior cup
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have been handed a home tie in the quarter finals of the Hertfordshire Senior Challenge Cup.
Hadley, managed by former Tottenham favourite, Micky Hazard, will provide the opposition at Clarence Park in a match scheduled for Tuesday, January 12.
City reached the last eight with a 5-0 win over Oxhey Jets on Tuesday night.
Hadley, who play in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division, sprung a shock when they beat Southern League Division One Central side, Potters Bar Town, 3-1.
The winners of the quarter final will face either Stevenage or Cheshunt, or Hitchin or Sun Sports, with their second round fixtures still to be played.
Quarter Final draw in full
Sun Sports or Hitchin v Cheshunt or Stevenage
- 1 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 2 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
St Albans City v Hadley
Bishop’s Stortford v Ware
Sawbridgeworth Town or Boreham Wood v Watford