City given home tie and former loanee joins Grays
ST ALBANS City will take on either Boreham Wood or Royston Town in the second round of the Herts Senior Cup. If Wood see off Spartan South Midlands Premier Division side Royston Town then they will take on rivals City for the first time since November 200
ST ALBANS City will take on either Boreham Wood or Royston Town in the second round of the Herts Senior Cup.
If Wood see off Spartan South Midlands Premier Division side Royston Town then they will take on rivals City for the first time since November 2007 when the teams met in the same competition.
The Saints lost out on that night going down 3-2 with Simon Thomas, who later signed for Crystal Palace, scoring two of Wood's three goals.
City's last clash with Royston also came in the Herts Senior Cup with the Saints running out 6-0 winners in 2006 with Simon Martin netting a hat-trick.
You may also want to watch:
Former City loanee Danny Charge has signed a two-year contract with Blue Square Premier side Grays Athletic.
Charge scored one goal during his three appearances for City and was present at one of the club's training sessions this summer following his release by Dagenham before linking up with Grays.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery