City given home tie and former loanee joins Grays
ST ALBANS City will take on either Boreham Wood or Royston Town in the second round of the Herts Senior Cup. If Wood see off Spartan South Midlands Premier Division side Royston Town then they will take on rivals City for the first time since November 200
ST ALBANS City will take on either Boreham Wood or Royston Town in the second round of the Herts Senior Cup.
If Wood see off Spartan South Midlands Premier Division side Royston Town then they will take on rivals City for the first time since November 2007 when the teams met in the same competition.
The Saints lost out on that night going down 3-2 with Simon Thomas, who later signed for Crystal Palace, scoring two of Wood's three goals.
City's last clash with Royston also came in the Herts Senior Cup with the Saints running out 6-0 winners in 2006 with Simon Martin netting a hat-trick.
You may also want to watch:
Former City loanee Danny Charge has signed a two-year contract with Blue Square Premier side Grays Athletic.
Charge scored one goal during his three appearances for City and was present at one of the club's training sessions this summer following his release by Dagenham before linking up with Grays.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Green light given to new hospital project
- 7 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans