City fans remain in good voice throughout bibical storms
- Credit: Archant
Joint manager James Gray praised the St Albans City faithful after Saturday’s game with Arlesey Town.
Despite the biblical storm that unleashed on Clarence Park, the 640 fans were in good voice and cheered City to a 5-0 win.
“It’s good to see so many people down here and for us to perform well,” said Gray who admitted the fans behind the goal singing throughout the hailstorm brought a smile to his face.
“It was also nice to see school kids in the stands. Hopefully we’ve entertained them and they’ll come back. There’s a nice atmosphere down here so it’ll be good to get a run of wins at home and get the crowd behind us.”
He also commended the ground staff, calling the Clarence Park pitch the “best in the league”.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to get the ball down so we need a good surface. Ground staff do a really good job – we love it here.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre