City fans remain in good voice throughout bibical storms
- Credit: Archant
Joint manager James Gray praised the St Albans City faithful after Saturday’s game with Arlesey Town.
Despite the biblical storm that unleashed on Clarence Park, the 640 fans were in good voice and cheered City to a 5-0 win.
“It’s good to see so many people down here and for us to perform well,” said Gray who admitted the fans behind the goal singing throughout the hailstorm brought a smile to his face.
“It was also nice to see school kids in the stands. Hopefully we’ve entertained them and they’ll come back. There’s a nice atmosphere down here so it’ll be good to get a run of wins at home and get the crowd behind us.”
He also commended the ground staff, calling the Clarence Park pitch the “best in the league”.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to get the ball down so we need a good surface. Ground staff do a really good job – we love it here.”
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes