City confirm joint manager appointments
James Gray and Graham Golds succeed David Howell
St Albans City FC interim chairman Nick Archer and owners Lawrence Levy and
John McGowan have announced that caretaker managers James Gray and Graham
Golds have been confirmed as joint managers of the first team, with immediate effect.
Levy said: “After the recent run of excellent results, particularly the outstanding 3 - 0 win against an unbeaten Leamington team, the board felt that it was only right to confirm their appointment as managers. We know that the team will continue to support them in their new role.”
You may also want to watch:
Interim chairman Archer added ‘James and Graham have formed a great working partnership and impressed in their role with the midweek youth team, which made them the right men for the job. Elevating people already at the club has great advantages and, personally, I am looking forward to the new era and to the second half of the season. We received a significant number of high calibre applications for the position and are grateful to all those who expressed an interest.”
Owner McGowan commented: “The Board is committed to strengthening the management team and the squad, to ensure a sustainable future for the club. Promoting talented people from within is part of that long-term vision and we are delighted that James and Graham have agreed to become the managers.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
The duo have proved popular and successful managers of the St Albans City U18 midweek Youth Team. James is also Club Captain of the first team while Graham played for the Reserves in the past.
The Saints play their next home games on Saturday 22 December when they will
play Banbury United and on Tuesday 1 January they play a local derby against
Chesham United; kick-off time for both games is 3pm.
The board hopes that record numbers of supporters and visitors will enjoy the exciting, attractive football now being played by the Saints under their new management team.
Currently, the Saints are positioned just outside the play-offs in the
Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division.