City boss urges people to come and support the Saints
ST ALBANS City boss Steve Castle has issued a rallying cry to the people of St Albans to get behind the team as they try and force their way into the play-off reckoning. The Saints have moved up onto the rails after five wins in seven games including impr
ST ALBANS City boss Steve Castle has issued a rallying cry to the people of St Albans to get behind the team as they try and force their way into the play-off reckoning.
The Saints have moved up onto the rails after five wins in seven games including impressive victories at Havant & Waterlooville and Eastleigh.
Despite the team's good form on the pitch, poor attendances for recent home games has forced the club to slash Castle's wage budget further stretching the squad and the City boss has called on the people of St Albans to come along and cheer on his side starting with this Saturday's game with fellow play-off-hopefuls Thurrock.
"Things are tight financially at the moment but the lads have been fantastic and have given it their all," said Castle.
You may also want to watch:
"We could really do with more people coming along to games and helping to cheer the team on. It's my job as manager to be optimistic. We're six points off the play-offs and if we keep on winning games who knows where we'll finish.
"Any extra support could really help us push on and keep fighting to get in the play-offs.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems