City boss urges people to come and support the Saints
ST ALBANS City boss Steve Castle has issued a rallying cry to the people of St Albans to get behind the team as they try and force their way into the play-off reckoning. The Saints have moved up onto the rails after five wins in seven games including impr
ST ALBANS City boss Steve Castle has issued a rallying cry to the people of St Albans to get behind the team as they try and force their way into the play-off reckoning.
The Saints have moved up onto the rails after five wins in seven games including impressive victories at Havant & Waterlooville and Eastleigh.
Despite the team's good form on the pitch, poor attendances for recent home games has forced the club to slash Castle's wage budget further stretching the squad and the City boss has called on the people of St Albans to come along and cheer on his side starting with this Saturday's game with fellow play-off-hopefuls Thurrock.
"Things are tight financially at the moment but the lads have been fantastic and have given it their all," said Castle.
"We could really do with more people coming along to games and helping to cheer the team on. It's my job as manager to be optimistic. We're six points off the play-offs and if we keep on winning games who knows where we'll finish.
"Any extra support could really help us push on and keep fighting to get in the play-offs.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 8 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 9 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans