City boss Howell makes striker Toomey his first summer signing
ST ALBANS City boss David Howell has swooped to make striker Lewis Toomey his first signing of the summer.
The pacey forward joins the Clarence Park club from Hertfordshire neighbours, and Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division rivals, Hemel Hempstead Town.
The 21-year-old spent a season with Hemel after joining them from Spartan League outfit Kings Langley, where he was a prolific scorer.
Speaking to www.safc.co.uk, the attacker, said: “St Albans City are an ambitious club and they match my ambitions.
“It felt right to come here to work with David Howell and Ken Charlery, who was such a top striker himself.”
You may also want to watch:
Toomey will be remembered by some Saints fans as he netted for Hemel at Clarence Park last season in a match City went on to win 2-1 in August.
St Albans kick-off their pre-season matches on Saturday, July 14 away at Colney Heath.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans