City boss Howell makes striker Toomey his first summer signing
ST ALBANS City boss David Howell has swooped to make striker Lewis Toomey his first signing of the summer.
The pacey forward joins the Clarence Park club from Hertfordshire neighbours, and Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division rivals, Hemel Hempstead Town.
The 21-year-old spent a season with Hemel after joining them from Spartan League outfit Kings Langley, where he was a prolific scorer.
Speaking to www.safc.co.uk, the attacker, said: “St Albans City are an ambitious club and they match my ambitions.
“It felt right to come here to work with David Howell and Ken Charlery, who was such a top striker himself.”
You may also want to watch:
Toomey will be remembered by some Saints fans as he netted for Hemel at Clarence Park last season in a match City went on to win 2-1 in August.
St Albans kick-off their pre-season matches on Saturday, July 14 away at Colney Heath.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school