City boss Howell highlights new signings’ qualities
STRIKER Lewis Toomey and midfielder Richard Graham are finding their feet at Clarence Park after moving to St Albans City this summer.
The pair have signed-up to be part of David Howell’s Saints side who will be looking for promotion from the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division this season.
Despite it still being early days of the pre-season campaign, Howell believes the duo have already shown glimpses of their abilities.
Of Graham, a former QPR and Barnet midfielder, Howell said: “Richard is a good player, very bright and someone who is comfortable on the ball and can keep the ball for us and see passes and he’s very good on set-pieces.
“We got a goal from him against Belarus and a goal from his deliveries also against Barnet.”
Forward Toomey joins from Premier Division rivals Hemel Hempstead Town.
“Lewis [Toomey] is an honest hard-working player, he will get goals,” added Howell.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 5 Removing asbestos from Arena will cost £250,000
- 6 Local estate agent to sponsor Chelsea Flower Show garden
- 7 'Entertaining and moving' dark comedy After Electra coming to the Abbey Theatre stage
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
“I need to find a bit more support for him, Simon [Martin] has been trying, I’ve been looking for more from him and he says it will come with games.
“I’m actively looking for a striker to add to what we’ve got as I think we’re a bit light there and maybe another central defender.”
St Albans play away at Enfield FC today (Saturday) and host a Watford XI at Clarence Park on Wednesday (7.45pm KO).