City boss Howell highlights new signings’ qualities
STRIKER Lewis Toomey and midfielder Richard Graham are finding their feet at Clarence Park after moving to St Albans City this summer.
The pair have signed-up to be part of David Howell’s Saints side who will be looking for promotion from the Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division this season.
Despite it still being early days of the pre-season campaign, Howell believes the duo have already shown glimpses of their abilities.
Of Graham, a former QPR and Barnet midfielder, Howell said: “Richard is a good player, very bright and someone who is comfortable on the ball and can keep the ball for us and see passes and he’s very good on set-pieces.
“We got a goal from him against Belarus and a goal from his deliveries also against Barnet.”
You may also want to watch:
Forward Toomey joins from Premier Division rivals Hemel Hempstead Town.
“Lewis [Toomey] is an honest hard-working player, he will get goals,” added Howell.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Heartwood Forest supporter Pam
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
“I need to find a bit more support for him, Simon [Martin] has been trying, I’ve been looking for more from him and he says it will come with games.
“I’m actively looking for a striker to add to what we’ve got as I think we’re a bit light there and maybe another central defender.”
St Albans play away at Enfield FC today (Saturday) and host a Watford XI at Clarence Park on Wednesday (7.45pm KO).