City back in action after turbulent weekend
- Credit: Archant
After a turbulent few days St Albans City will be looking forward to getting back to action on the pitch when they travel to Oxhey Jets.
City head to the Jets for a Herts Senior Cup tie tonight (Tuesday) still rocked by the resignation of joint-managers Jimmy Gray and Graham Golds.
The pair quit following the 4-0 defeat to Lowestoft Town on Saturday in the FA Trophy.
That result followed a 4-1 reverse to Weston-super-Mare and a 3-1 loss to Gosport Borough last week.
Speaking after the Gosport game Gray had said tonight’s fixture would provide a chance for some of the players on the periphery, as well as some from the youth team, to stake their claim for a first-team spot.
You may also want to watch:
It remains to be seen whether caretaker boss, Harry Wheeler, will have that same philosophy or if he will look to the current squad to prove a point.
Kick-off at Boundary Stadium is 7.30pm and there will be full coverage of the game on Twitter.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
Follow @hertsadsport for all the action and reaction.