City back in action after turbulent weekend
- Credit: Archant
After a turbulent few days St Albans City will be looking forward to getting back to action on the pitch when they travel to Oxhey Jets.
City head to the Jets for a Herts Senior Cup tie tonight (Tuesday) still rocked by the resignation of joint-managers Jimmy Gray and Graham Golds.
The pair quit following the 4-0 defeat to Lowestoft Town on Saturday in the FA Trophy.
That result followed a 4-1 reverse to Weston-super-Mare and a 3-1 loss to Gosport Borough last week.
Speaking after the Gosport game Gray had said tonight’s fixture would provide a chance for some of the players on the periphery, as well as some from the youth team, to stake their claim for a first-team spot.
It remains to be seen whether caretaker boss, Harry Wheeler, will have that same philosophy or if he will look to the current squad to prove a point.
Kick-off at Boundary Stadium is 7.30pm and there will be full coverage of the game on Twitter.
- 1 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 6 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 7 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 8 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 9 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 10 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
Follow @hertsadsport for all the action and reaction.