City back in action after turbulent weekend
- Credit: Archant
After a turbulent few days St Albans City will be looking forward to getting back to action on the pitch when they travel to Oxhey Jets.
City head to the Jets for a Herts Senior Cup tie tonight (Tuesday) still rocked by the resignation of joint-managers Jimmy Gray and Graham Golds.
The pair quit following the 4-0 defeat to Lowestoft Town on Saturday in the FA Trophy.
That result followed a 4-1 reverse to Weston-super-Mare and a 3-1 loss to Gosport Borough last week.
Speaking after the Gosport game Gray had said tonight’s fixture would provide a chance for some of the players on the periphery, as well as some from the youth team, to stake their claim for a first-team spot.
It remains to be seen whether caretaker boss, Harry Wheeler, will have that same philosophy or if he will look to the current squad to prove a point.
Kick-off at Boundary Stadium is 7.30pm and there will be full coverage of the game on Twitter.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 Bowmans Cross development shelved as Hertsmere pulls Local Plan
- 3 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 4 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 5 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 6 Return of the Fred Hughes delights runners and organisers St Albans Striders alike
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 9 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 10 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
Follow @hertsadsport for all the action and reaction.