City back in action after turbulent weekend
- Credit: Archant
After a turbulent few days St Albans City will be looking forward to getting back to action on the pitch when they travel to Oxhey Jets.
City head to the Jets for a Herts Senior Cup tie tonight (Tuesday) still rocked by the resignation of joint-managers Jimmy Gray and Graham Golds.
The pair quit following the 4-0 defeat to Lowestoft Town on Saturday in the FA Trophy.
That result followed a 4-1 reverse to Weston-super-Mare and a 3-1 loss to Gosport Borough last week.
Speaking after the Gosport game Gray had said tonight’s fixture would provide a chance for some of the players on the periphery, as well as some from the youth team, to stake their claim for a first-team spot.
You may also want to watch:
It remains to be seen whether caretaker boss, Harry Wheeler, will have that same philosophy or if he will look to the current squad to prove a point.
Kick-off at Boundary Stadium is 7.30pm and there will be full coverage of the game on Twitter.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
Follow @hertsadsport for all the action and reaction.