FA Cup preview: St Albans City well aware of the threat of an upset posed by Whyteleafe
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
There can be no let-up for St Albans City if they want to avoid a major FA Cup upset says Ian Allinson.
Victory over Concord Rangers showed the Saints at their best, mature in defence and clinical up front.
But the National League South side will face a test as difficult, if not even more so, when they host Whyteleafe from the Bostik League Division One South.
The Leafs beat Corinthian Casuals in a replay to set-up the second qualifying round tie and the City boss is well aware of the potential banana skin that could await his side.
He said: “We watched them on Tuesday and they’ve got some pace in the side and a lot of danger so if we’re not right on the day, they can cause an upset.
You may also want to watch:
“They’re a team full of confidence and they’ll be going into the game looking to cause an upset.
The only way we can stop that is to plan properly this week, work hard and take that into the game and come away with a victory.”
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire