City add former Chelsea, QPR and Birmingham front man
Paul Furlong takes on player/coach role
ST ALBANS City boss David Howell has confirmed that former Premier League striker Paul Furlong has agreed to join the club in a player/coach capacity.
Furlong, who spent time with Chelsea and QPR amongst others, netted six goals in 15 games for Kettering in Conference National last term and is looking to get in another season before he calls time on his career.
Howell used social networking site Twitter to confirm Furlong’s arrival saying: “Paul Furlong has agreed to join SACFC as Player/Coach adding experience to squad while furthering his coaching ambitions.”
The 42-year-old was Birmingham City’s record signing when he moved from Chelsea to St Andrews for �1.5m in 1996.
You may also want to watch:
Furlong joins Craig Davies, Rob Magwood, Adam Fry and Sam Lyon in signing for the club this week ahead of Saturday’s Southern Premier Division opener against Cirencester Town.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 4 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years