Christmas runs for St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
Three St Albans Striders travelled to Aylesbury to take part in the annual 5K Boxing Day road race.
Mark Taplin won the MV50 age category in 19 minutes 20 seconds, with David Jackson crossing the line with a new PB of 25:35.
Jack Brooks was sixth in the MV60 category with 28:44.
Calum Latham also ran 5K on Boxing Day, clocking 21:34 at the Pinewood Trails near Slough while Donna Irwin ran the Witham Boxing Day five mile race in 38:36.
A number of Striders took the opportunity over Christmas to take part in parkruns across the country, and in particular, club chairman Graham Smith ran his 50th parkrun at St Albans, coming second in 17:40.
You may also want to watch:
This feat was then equalled by Tim Searle on Christmas Day at Panshanger, recording a course PB of 18:54.
Ian Hirth ventured into London for the Velo Park half-marathon at the Lee Valley Cycle Centre. His time was 1:36:39.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans