Christmas runs for St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
Three St Albans Striders travelled to Aylesbury to take part in the annual 5K Boxing Day road race.
Mark Taplin won the MV50 age category in 19 minutes 20 seconds, with David Jackson crossing the line with a new PB of 25:35.
Jack Brooks was sixth in the MV60 category with 28:44.
Calum Latham also ran 5K on Boxing Day, clocking 21:34 at the Pinewood Trails near Slough while Donna Irwin ran the Witham Boxing Day five mile race in 38:36.
A number of Striders took the opportunity over Christmas to take part in parkruns across the country, and in particular, club chairman Graham Smith ran his 50th parkrun at St Albans, coming second in 17:40.
You may also want to watch:
This feat was then equalled by Tim Searle on Christmas Day at Panshanger, recording a course PB of 18:54.
Ian Hirth ventured into London for the Velo Park half-marathon at the Lee Valley Cycle Centre. His time was 1:36:39.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall