Chilly weather for St Albans Striders but some good performances too
- Credit: Archant
Chilly weather both home and abroad greeted runners from St Albans Striders but there was still some notable performances over the weekend.
Jack Brooks, Striders’ resident marathon celebrity, was responsible for one as he completed his 474th marathon in just under five hours.
Slightly further behind in terms of numbers but no less impressive was Clair Drage who ran her 25th race over the 26-mile distance in the SVN Festive Frolic near Dover.
And she too also completed this in just under five hours in similarly cold conditions.
The latest round of the Sunday Cross Country League took place in Stevenage with around 30 Striders taking part.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Adams was the first of them home in third overall while Jen Conway was first home for the women.
St Albans Striders meet at Westminster Lodge running track on Tuesdays and Thursdays and are suitable for all abilities and speeds.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
For more details go to www.stalbansstriders.com