Chilly weather for St Albans Striders but some good performances too
- Credit: Archant
Chilly weather both home and abroad greeted runners from St Albans Striders but there was still some notable performances over the weekend.
Jack Brooks, Striders’ resident marathon celebrity, was responsible for one as he completed his 474th marathon in just under five hours.
Slightly further behind in terms of numbers but no less impressive was Clair Drage who ran her 25th race over the 26-mile distance in the SVN Festive Frolic near Dover.
And she too also completed this in just under five hours in similarly cold conditions.
The latest round of the Sunday Cross Country League took place in Stevenage with around 30 Striders taking part.
Paul Adams was the first of them home in third overall while Jen Conway was first home for the women.
St Albans Striders meet at Westminster Lodge running track on Tuesdays and Thursdays and are suitable for all abilities and speeds.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 9 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
For more details go to www.stalbansstriders.com