Chilly weather for St Albans Striders but some good performances too
- Credit: Archant
Chilly weather both home and abroad greeted runners from St Albans Striders but there was still some notable performances over the weekend.
Jack Brooks, Striders’ resident marathon celebrity, was responsible for one as he completed his 474th marathon in just under five hours.
Slightly further behind in terms of numbers but no less impressive was Clair Drage who ran her 25th race over the 26-mile distance in the SVN Festive Frolic near Dover.
And she too also completed this in just under five hours in similarly cold conditions.
The latest round of the Sunday Cross Country League took place in Stevenage with around 30 Striders taking part.
Paul Adams was the first of them home in third overall while Jen Conway was first home for the women.
St Albans Striders meet at Westminster Lodge running track on Tuesdays and Thursdays and are suitable for all abilities and speeds.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
For more details go to www.stalbansstriders.com