Chilly weather for St Albans Striders but some good performances too
- Credit: Archant
Chilly weather both home and abroad greeted runners from St Albans Striders but there was still some notable performances over the weekend.
Jack Brooks, Striders’ resident marathon celebrity, was responsible for one as he completed his 474th marathon in just under five hours.
Slightly further behind in terms of numbers but no less impressive was Clair Drage who ran her 25th race over the 26-mile distance in the SVN Festive Frolic near Dover.
And she too also completed this in just under five hours in similarly cold conditions.
The latest round of the Sunday Cross Country League took place in Stevenage with around 30 Striders taking part.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Adams was the first of them home in third overall while Jen Conway was first home for the women.
St Albans Striders meet at Westminster Lodge running track on Tuesdays and Thursdays and are suitable for all abilities and speeds.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
For more details go to www.stalbansstriders.com