Charles hat-trick seals Midweek Youth victory
Young Saints maintain 100 per cent league record
Allied Counties Youth Football League East Division
St Albans City Midweek Youth 6 Windsor 2
A HAT-TRICK from Tremayne Charles helped St Albans City Midweek Youth maintain their unbeaten record in the Allied Counties Youth Football League East Division, their latest victory coming over Windsor at Clarence Park.
The young Saints were looking to put their FA Youth Cup exit last week behind them and made the perfect start with Ceiran Yapp scoring after just five minutes.
Windsor hit back though, netting twice to go into the interval ahead.
Some stern words at the break did the trick for City and two goals in as many minutes from Charles put City back in control just after the hour mark.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
That body blow opened the floodgates and Gio Lee-Baptiste and Josh Davies both got in on the act before Charles wrapped up his hat-trick and the scoring in the 90th minute.
Midweek Youth are on the road next Thursday when they travel to Flackwell Heath.