Charity Cup semi-final put back to Wednesday night
ST ALBANS City’s game against Potters Bar in the Charity Cup has been postponed.
Saints were set to meet the Scholars on Tuesday night in a semi-final clash at Clarence Park but the snowfall over the weekend has cancelled those plans. Instead the sides will meet on Wednesday night, kick-off at 7.45pm.
A spokesman for the club said: “In agreement with all parties and with the prospect of a thaw, the game has been rescheduled.”
The club has also announced a ‘Pay What You Like’ initiative for the game.
Interim chairman Nick Archer said: “We recognise that England are on the television on the same evening, therefore we believe that this is a gesture to all who have supported the Club over the season and an opportunity to give something back to the Community, as well as helping Charity.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope that people will come out to cheer us into our first Cup Final for several years. Playing in front of a decent crowd would be a real boost to the team and we would be delighted to see some new faces.”
A minimum payment of £5 is suggested. Season Tickets are not valid for this fixture.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire