Charity Cup final opponent confirmed
ST ALBANS City will face Bishop’s Stortford in the final on the Herts Charity Cup.
The tie was confirmed after the Blue Square Bet North outfit beat Hemel Hempstead 2-1 in the semi-final on Thursday night.
Hemel broke the deadlock in the 24th minute when Ben Pattie netted but Stortford were back on level terms three minutes later. Callum Webb put Danny Elmes through and he poked the ball past the onrushing keeper.
It took just over an hour for Stortford, who occupy 17th spot in the league, to score what turned out the be the winning goal. Steve Caley broke on the right hand side and cut inside before smashing the post but first team debutant and substitute Arrron Greene followed up to shoot home.
Saints booked their spot in their first cup final for eight years in dramatic fashion, beating Potter Bar FC on penalties.
You may also want to watch:
The final will be played at Clarence Park on Thursday April 25, kick-off 7.45pm.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital