Charity Cup final opponent confirmed
ST ALBANS City will face Bishop’s Stortford in the final on the Herts Charity Cup.
The tie was confirmed after the Blue Square Bet North outfit beat Hemel Hempstead 2-1 in the semi-final on Thursday night.
Hemel broke the deadlock in the 24th minute when Ben Pattie netted but Stortford were back on level terms three minutes later. Callum Webb put Danny Elmes through and he poked the ball past the onrushing keeper.
It took just over an hour for Stortford, who occupy 17th spot in the league, to score what turned out the be the winning goal. Steve Caley broke on the right hand side and cut inside before smashing the post but first team debutant and substitute Arrron Greene followed up to shoot home.
Saints booked their spot in their first cup final for eight years in dramatic fashion, beating Potter Bar FC on penalties.
The final will be played at Clarence Park on Thursday April 25, kick-off 7.45pm.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival