Charity Cup final opponent confirmed
ST ALBANS City will face Bishop’s Stortford in the final on the Herts Charity Cup.
The tie was confirmed after the Blue Square Bet North outfit beat Hemel Hempstead 2-1 in the semi-final on Thursday night.
Hemel broke the deadlock in the 24th minute when Ben Pattie netted but Stortford were back on level terms three minutes later. Callum Webb put Danny Elmes through and he poked the ball past the onrushing keeper.
It took just over an hour for Stortford, who occupy 17th spot in the league, to score what turned out the be the winning goal. Steve Caley broke on the right hand side and cut inside before smashing the post but first team debutant and substitute Arrron Greene followed up to shoot home.
Saints booked their spot in their first cup final for eight years in dramatic fashion, beating Potter Bar FC on penalties.
You may also want to watch:
The final will be played at Clarence Park on Thursday April 25, kick-off 7.45pm.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space