Changes at Welling, Sulaiman joins Stortford and former Chelsea star could still make Cards move
FORMER St Albans City favourite Lee Clarke has returned to managerless Welling United after his loan spell with Cambridge City came to an end. Leaving Park View Road is midfielder Lee Blackburn who has been released by the club while caretaker manager Lee
FORMER St Albans City favourite Lee Clarke has returned to managerless Welling United after his loan spell with Cambridge City came to an end.
Leaving Park View Road is midfielder Lee Blackburn who has been released by the club while caretaker manager Lee Protheroe has revealed he will not be applying to take on the manager's job on a permanent basis.
Another former City player on the move is Hassan Sulaiman who turned out for Bishop's Stortford in their 1-0 win over Havant & Waterlooville on Saturday.
Woking has revealed that they will not be renewing the short-term contract of former Havant striker Craig Watkins.
Watkins, who used his own money to buy his registration from Havant, has struggled to make an impact at Kingfield and is now free to find another club.
The Cards could move to replace Watkins with former Chelsea star and Dutch international Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink who would play for free should he join the Surrey side. Chairman, Shahid Azeem, revealed the club's offer to the striker was still open telling the Surrey Herald: "How could we afford to pay Jimmy? But we're an ambitious club, and if it suits manager Graham Baker, then both the club and the player could be good for each other.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 4 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 5 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 6 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 7 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 8 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 9 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 10 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
"It's very simple if he fancies us there's an open invitation - but so far I've had no commitment from him.