Changes at Welling, Sulaiman joins Stortford and former Chelsea star could still make Cards move
FORMER St Albans City favourite Lee Clarke has returned to managerless Welling United after his loan spell with Cambridge City came to an end. Leaving Park View Road is midfielder Lee Blackburn who has been released by the club while caretaker manager Lee
FORMER St Albans City favourite Lee Clarke has returned to managerless Welling United after his loan spell with Cambridge City came to an end.
Leaving Park View Road is midfielder Lee Blackburn who has been released by the club while caretaker manager Lee Protheroe has revealed he will not be applying to take on the manager's job on a permanent basis.
Another former City player on the move is Hassan Sulaiman who turned out for Bishop's Stortford in their 1-0 win over Havant & Waterlooville on Saturday.
Woking has revealed that they will not be renewing the short-term contract of former Havant striker Craig Watkins.
Watkins, who used his own money to buy his registration from Havant, has struggled to make an impact at Kingfield and is now free to find another club.
The Cards could move to replace Watkins with former Chelsea star and Dutch international Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink who would play for free should he join the Surrey side. Chairman, Shahid Azeem, revealed the club's offer to the striker was still open telling the Surrey Herald: "How could we afford to pay Jimmy? But we're an ambitious club, and if it suits manager Graham Baker, then both the club and the player could be good for each other.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
"It's very simple if he fancies us there's an open invitation - but so far I've had no commitment from him.