Chance to train with top GB triathlete
A ST Albans-based sport and exercise company has enlisted the help of top GB triathlete Vanessa Raw as it embarks on a series of triathlon coaching days, scheduled to start in the new year.
The first coaching day run by ActiveTrainingWorld will take place on January 5, with Vanessa attending to offer expert advice and tips to all those who sign up.
She will be joining in with the training sessions so this is a chance to train with an athlete at the top of her game.
“I’m really looking forward to working with ActiveTrainingWorld at the ATW Train’athlon and helping newcomers to triathlon get hooked on this fantastic sport,” said the 28-year-old.
In 2012 Raw achieved fourth place at the 2012 Salinas ITU Triathlon Premium Pan American Cup, second place at the 2012 Lima ITU Triathlon Premium Pan American Cup and second place at the 2012 Bridgetown ITU Sprint Triathlon Pan American Cup.
You may also want to watch:
In a well-equipped venue, located in a fantastic setting, with professional coaches, those wishing to sign up take part in several comprehensive training sessions throughout the day in the pool, outside and in the sports hall.
The sessions will improve all areas of your triathlon technique. At the end of this full training day, it is expected people will leave with an abundance of new advice and tips to practice in your usual training sessions.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
The first event will take place in a modern and well equipped Sports Centre at St Margaret’s Private School in Bushey, Hertfordshire, where participants will have exclusive use of a luxury 25-metre heated swimming pool, sports hall and idyllic outdoor setting for the full day.
The event is a full day from breakfast at 8.30am ending with a Q&A session that finishes at 4.30pm. The cost is only �90 for the full day which includes five training sessions, a nutritious breakfast, lunch, free event t-shirt and swim cap, plus the opportunity to gain advice and train with special guest Vanessa.
For more information and to book your place, visit www.activetrainingworld.co.uk/atw_trainathlon or call ActiveTrainingWorld founder James Shipley on 07958 497507.
The coaches on the day include Sydney Olympic triathlete Sian Brice, former elite triathlete and cyclist Tanja Slater, and former British number one ranked cyclist Leda Cox.